PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Ozone 4 beta installation -- missing buttons.

icon kid
04-20-2009, 05:10 PM
There's a problem with the Ozone 4 (beta) installation I did (see the
attached picture).
I now have an Ozone Tab in my menu which opens the side-bar menu with,

File
Atmoshere
Render
Help

...but there should be at least one button (or buttons) underneath
each heading, so it's supposed to look something like the purple
inset. Perhaps LW is not drawing the buttons because the associated
app files are not in the correct place even though I believe the
installation instructions were followed correctly.

OlaHaldor
04-20-2009, 06:37 PM
I might be wrong, but during installation you're getting a question: LW 9.3 or 9.5 - you're using 9.2.. Might there be a connection and thus the solution for your problem?

icon kid
04-20-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't remember if the install asked me what LW version I'm using. If it had, (and if 9.3 and 9.5 were the only options offered) I'm sure I selected the closest one to 9.2 which would be 9.3. The installation produced no alerts or error messages. I do remember it asking me for the path to the Lightwave applications directory which, as everyone knows is "Lightwave 3D 9.2/Programs."

Paddie
04-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Hi,

Ive had the same Problem (and some more ;) ). I find a File called "Ozone4_Menus.cfg" C:\Program Files\e-on software\Ozone 4\Environment\Ozone\lightwave 9. With the help of this File I created the Menu Entrys by hand.
BranchEntry 1 Entrys are the Headings
BranchEntry 3 Entrys are the Buttons

In "Edit Menu Layout ( ALT F10 )" search for Generic_Ozone4_Cmd101 and drag it from the Command tab on the left to the Menu tab on the right Side directly under the Ozone 4 > "File" Heading. Now rename it to New... . And so on for every entry in the cfg File

HTH

Paddie :screwy:

icon kid
04-23-2009, 06:21 PM
OlaHaldor:9.3 or 9.5 -- good point, which I tried to address when I did a re-installation. Since the targets of the install app is limited to either LW 9.3 or 9.5 I merely renamed my 9.2 master folder to 9.3 -- to fool it into delivering the Ozone components to where I wanted them to go. I was certain that this would work because the documentation states that the install app can not actually determine the Lightwave version number it's being set up with -- it merely wants to see a corresponding path name so if you select Lightwave 9.5 as the target (for instance) then it just wants to see "Lightwave 9.5" somewhere in the pathname -- but this did not work.

Paddie:
I didn't want to try the editing you suggested for the Ozone Menu Config file only because I didn't completely understand the exact form it should be as you explained it, but I did make some progress anyway in getting Ozone to work somehow. I added the Ozone.p file into my LW plugins folder and that caused eleven new commands to be added to the drop-down plugins list (see picture). One odd thing is that a Lightwave Alert reported it as "11 new plugins" whereas I count only nine. Anyway, a click on the first one (Ozone4_Cmd101) brings up the initial Ozone window -- each command underneath brings up a different Ozone dialog box -- and they all work, but it's not supposed to work this way right? There should still be descriptive buttons when I open the Ozone menu tab (there are still none) instead having to go to the plug-ins list every time I want to move from one Ozone box to another. Here's what my unedited config file looks like.

BranchEntry 65536 "Ozone 4" _
BranchEntry 1 "File"
BranchEntry 3 "New..." Generic_Ozone4_Cmd101
BranchEntry 3 "Close" Generic_Ozone4_Cmd79
BranchEntry 3 "Options..." Generic_Ozone4_Cmd108
BranchEntry 0 .
BranchEntry 1 "Atmosphere"
BranchEntry 3 "Load Atmosphere..." Generic_Ozone4_Cmd167
BranchEntry 3 "Save Atmosphere..." Generic_Ozone4_Cmd168
BranchEntry 3 "Add Cloud Layer..." Generic_Ozone4_Cmd134
BranchEntry 3 "Atmosphere Editor..." Generic_Ozone4_Cmd171
BranchEntry 0 .
BranchEntry 1 "Render"
BranchEntry 3 "Render Options..." Generic_Ozone4_Cmd185
BranchEntry 0 .
BranchEntry 1 "Help"
BranchEntry 3 "About Ozone..." Generic_Ozone4_Cmd196
BranchEntry 0 .
BranchEntry 0 .

Would you mind sharing the edited config file which you say solved your past problem with Ozone's Lightwave integration?
--------------------------------------------------------
Would anyone like to post a screen shot with their Ozone menu tab open so that I can see what the side bar menu should really look like?

danielkaiser
04-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Is there a reason your not using LW 9.6? I've had no install problems with the Ozone plugin.

icon kid
04-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Yes, danielkaiser, there is a reason why I'm not using LW 9.6. I'll get around to installing it soon but, in the mean time, would you (or anyone else) grace me with a screen shot of how the side menu bar should look when the Ozone Tab is open?

danielkaiser
04-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Here ya go.

icon kid
04-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Thanks, danielkaiser. This gives me inspiration to go on. I'll report back on how the Ozone 4 installation goes with LW 9.6.

Silkrooster
04-25-2009, 11:03 PM
So spill it... Likes, dislikes, not sure yet?

icon kid
04-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Silkrooster:
I don't know what you're referring to, "likes and dislikes" of what?

Paddie:
I decided to make one more attempt to understand your instructions on how to make the Ozone buttons appear and to have them properly named and this time I got it.

Thank you.

Silkrooster
04-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Why of Ozone 4 of course. Whats your opinion on it. Would this be something you think is worth buying after the beta is done?

icon kid
04-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Whats your opinion on it. Would this be something you think is worth buying after the beta is done?I won't know that untill I've had the chance to use it in an actual project or just do some experimentation to evaluate it. I've only done one test rendering with nothing else in the scene exept an Ozone output in low res -- it looked nice! I've seen one remark about it, somewhere, that it's very processor intensive and therefor so slow as to make it impracticle for higher-res animations unless you have a rendering farm, but system configurations and rendering settings are so variable that I wouldn't put too much weight to this unless I've checked it out first-hand on my own system.

Silkrooster
04-27-2009, 06:32 PM
good to know...thanks