PDA

View Full Version : Now Time to Try VT[5] on 64-bit Vista?

Quiet1onTheSet
04-20-2009, 10:51 AM
If any brave soul has success with VT[5] on the 64- bit version of Vista OS, we'd sure like to hear how you're faring, and how you pulled it off!

:thumbsup:

To date, NewTek indicates VT[5] is OK with 64-bit Win XP, not 64-bit Vista. If that's changed, would love to hear some particulars. Thanks!

ottis41
05-09-2009, 05:02 PM
I am trying it tonight, but think i will dual boot the system one woth 64bit vista and another partician with 32 bit. will keep you posted

ted
05-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Quiet, sorry for not responding sooner. Must have scanned too quick one day and then it's deep down the list. :D

Yup, we've been running VT-SE on Vista 64 for a long time now. No problems other than one day everything went poof! Computer was acting retarded. After a week of failing to diagnose a specific problem :phone_cal we found UAC somehow got turned back on???
We're confident that wasn't the problem but something got messed up that we somehow fixed. UAC got turned on by the fix. Then VT needed to have UAC off and that added another day to our confusion. :D

Other then that one PC incident we've been really pleased with our performance. :thumbsup:
Sorry for ignoring you. :hey:

Quiet1onTheSet
05-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Yup, we've been running VT-SE on Vista 64 for a long time now. No problems other than one day everything went poof!
Sorry for ignoring you. :hey:
Naw, never thought for a second that I was being ignored. I'm glad you got your system back, with User Account Control turned back "OFF"; and that you're enjoying VT[5] on a 64 bit version of Vista.

Now, for two queries, relating to that:
1. Which version of Vista 64: is it Ultimate 64, or Home Premium 64?
2. Are you running VT[5] in the x86 mode of Vista 64, right (certainly, you don't have a way to run VT in the 64-bit mode, do you?
3. If the answer to "2" is Yes, you're running in 64-bit mode, what must one do to permit that??

Curiously grateful for any replies, and whenever you can get around to it.
:D

ted
05-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Vista Ultimate 64.
Almost certain installed in the x86 side.
At least it didn't take a month to get back to you this time! :D

Dennis O'Neal
06-02-2009, 08:18 PM
We have been running VT5.2b on a HP8600 with XP64 Pro. The only problem is that the streaming option will NOT work. We made sure that Newtek blessed this system before we built it however, Newtek can't seem to figure out why streaming can't be made to work. The system is a screaming system however. Just wish all of the other things like the LC-11 worked as advertised.

Quiet1onTheSet
06-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Dennis, what aspect of LC-11 is currently problematic, when using it with XP-64 (or with your system in particular, at least)?

SBowie
06-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Just wish all of the other things like the LC-11 worked as advertised.Drum roll, please ..............