PDA

View Full Version : VT3 setting up three cameras

Gusirufo
04-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Hello:

I have been playing with our Vt3 before going live and I have this problem:

I have a main camera connected to the Vt In card shooting on green BG, a still which is the background or set, and a second camera connected to the firewire.

I am having problems switching between the two cameras, when I switch to DV becomes the background.
How can I switch between the two cameras back and foward without disturb the chromakey?

Thanks

Gus

Adam_LightPlay
05-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Are you hard cutting to the DV camera by just punching it up on Program?
VT3 is a ways back, but I believe it ChromaKeys Program on top of the Preview bus.
One solution would be to upgrade to VT5. There, each Chromakey input can be locked to a background, or whatever is in the Aux/Effects Bus. Then you can use any DVE to transition to another input.

Wait a minute. I just re-read your post. Do you have an SX-8 and the daughter card for the VT card? If not, you aren't gonna get camera switching, no way, no how. Because without that, the VT is just a one input, one output, device.

P.S. Firewire is great to input from tape, but is not a very desirable LIVE camera input. Because any PC takes about a half a second, to a second, to convert Firewire to live video, and then you are out of sync with your live cameras coming in normal.

Best of luck

Gusirufo
05-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Hello Adam:

Thanks for your answer. Ok, this is the set up after I wrote the post a few weeks ago.

I got the SX8 box, the daughter card and everything is working fine with it.

I am using the main camera connected to the component port 1 on the SX8 to do the keying, and I have a DDR player open with the background picture. Keying looks good (DDR Background is in the main bus) and of course component on the Key bus. Now I am trying to connect the "Second" physical camera to the Y/C number 2, it sees it everything is great...but when I want to switch from one to two It puts the key on the second camera, and gets all bad, I mean there is not clean fade from keying to normal camera (Number two from Y/C).
I have been playing with it for a while but seems every time I move the switch to select number 1 key it keep running linking the key and main together and I have uncheck the look button.

Sorry I am coming from the non linear world so this is new for me.

I now I am doing something wrong but what is it?

Can I use VT5 software with the VT3 card and SX8?

i am just planing to have as many as three cameras to switch.

Thanks for the help

Gus

Paul Lara
05-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Yes, VT[5] goes a long way to easing your workflow, due to the greatly improved chroma-keying and the LiveSet technology, which allows you to cut between a chroma-keyed camera and one that is not.

billmi
05-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Can I use VT5 software with the VT3 card and SX8?

Yes, you can.

With VT[4] and VT[3] there are some significant limitations to what you can do in terms of switching and transitioning while you are doing a chromakey.

VT[5] is much more flexibile, because you can set different keys or LivsSets for each individual input.