PDA

View Full Version : 9.6 Weirdness....

lwanmtr
04-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Ok, for last few days, I've been having some really bizarre problems with LW.

Modeler has refused to merge points on some objects
Layout goes beachball on some scenes when I try to clone a light or a
camera.
I get the beachball on scene loading occaisionally.

Theses problems just began a few days ago..I have deleted configs, reinstalled LW, it's getting kinda frustrating. Has anyone else noticed these kinds of problems?

CGI Addict
04-19-2009, 11:07 PM
What version of OSX are you using. I've heard some folks complain about 10.5.6 issues which is why I'm staying with 10.5.4 for the meantime.

lwanmtr
04-19-2009, 11:14 PM
10.5.6...lol might explain it...I usually let osx do the update thing..ahh well..maybe 10.5.7 will fix the issues

Might explain why open office strangely started trying to invoke x11, which it hasnt used in a long time

archijam
04-20-2009, 01:48 AM
10.5.6 Layout: can no longer sleep my mbp during renders. Sounds obvious, but necessary due to moving around during the day at work.

I'd settle for a render pause button ;)

Must fog this one, results in one frame taking 12hrs and counting instead of 1 1/2.

lwanmtr
04-20-2009, 05:25 AM
I wonder if NewTek is even doing anything on 9.6 right now? Wonder if its something NT can fix or if it's something apple screwed up?

Otterman
04-20-2009, 05:39 AM
I opened up a thread addressing this and chilton was looking through a bunch of our error logs to track down the problem, however now hes gone the way of the newtek doodo im concerned this wont be addressed anytime soon.

I recommend either going through the ball ache of reinstalling your operating system, go bananas and use the substandard lw 9.3, sell out and go pc or [email protected]*k em and abandon lightwave altogther!

Jockomo
04-20-2009, 08:23 AM
for what it's worth, i've found the mac version of 9.6 way more buggy than the pc version. As much as i'd like to blame it on Apple, I think this one is squarely in NewTek's court.

lwanmtr
04-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Actually, 9.6 was very stable until a few days ago, so I think its an Apple thing, but it's something that NT needs to take very seriously and put some folks on it asap.

Scazzino
04-20-2009, 03:19 PM
...Has anyone else noticed these kinds of problems?

Beachball hangs yes... I get them at various times, loading, editing etc. on both Tiger and Leopard, so I don't think it's an Apple update issue... They're probably working on it since it has been reported by a number of different Mac users.

Mike Peraza
05-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Every time I go to the Graph Editor to adjust a camera position, Lightwave will hang up. Sometimes, I can input a numerical into the data box but if I attempt to adjust the keyframe point manually or use the LF/RT mouse adjustment it goes down.

I have to be able to tweak in coming and out going camera speeds and this makes it impossible to adjust them. Hope someone can help.

Using Mac Pro Intel 8 core, 4 GB, running 10.5.6.

Thanks,
Mike