PDA

View Full Version : New NAB thread

ted
04-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Good day gents! Just arrived in Vegas and had a text from Eric Pratt. Met a NewTek user on the ride over as well.
Don't forget Eric Pratt's B-Day is Wednesday!

Weather is about 90 and sunny! :thumbsup:
Since I'm making this a quick trip I'll be starting off Monday at the NewTek booth and branching out from there.
I won't be buying much unless the craps tables are REALLY nice to me. I'll mostly be looking at components to enhance my TriCaster workflow.

Updates to come.

radams
04-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Have some fun for me Ted :)

Looking forward to hearing your finds and impressions.

Cheers,

DiedonD
04-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Are you allowed to take pictures Ted?

ted
04-20-2009, 12:30 AM
Yes. Are you looking for anything specific? I don't do the strip joints. :D

ivanze
04-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Man, I thought you were going to Club Paradise to get us some pics. :(

DiedonD
04-20-2009, 12:58 AM
Yes. Are you looking for anything specific? I don't do the strip joints. :D

Well thats a pretty shame that you dont :D

So, youll attach some here of the best NT or other interesting things out there? Dont forget to include the LW section now?

I know we as LW users havent been treating you minorities fairly, and I apologize in behalf of all LW users to you for doing so! But for Petes (http://newtek.com/forums/member.php?u=61414) sake, DO post some pictures here of LW aswell will you?! ;)

Seriosly though. Im curious to know everything about these things. So make it like a small blog of yours, an experience supported with pics.

And attach pictures in these forums rather than some other site with linkies. Cause contrary to popular thought, those at other sites can be changed, and can be done so to the worse of what you were trying to tell.

Just look at the one on my signature as well as THEE Birthdays. All of them have been tempered with. I had the mods remove the pictures entirely instead.

And I so wonder who on earth could be such a desperate creep to do that to my threads ! :hey:

vicrest
04-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Ted,

If you spot anyone doing live webcasts from the floor.....give us the links.

I found this one......

http://www.tvworldwide.com/events/jvc/nab2009/

ted
04-20-2009, 08:24 AM
I don't mind the strip joints, I'd just rather participate then pay to watch! :hey:

I can't make LightWave dance. My GFX guy is enjoying it for sure though. Even as a minority here, I'll try and remember to say something about it tonight. :D

vcrest, thanks, I'm really investing my time on webstreaming technologies now days so that will be what my eyes will be scanning the floor for.

2 Hours till showtime! YeeeHaaa!

Lightwolf
04-20-2009, 08:44 AM
I don't mind the strip joints, I'd just rather participate then pay to watch! :hey:
Maybe you could try it with your clients as a test first... see if they slip dollar notes in your briefs while you undress... (very likely to bribe you to keep them on ;) ).

Whatever rocks your boat... :D

Cheers,
Mike

Tony R
04-20-2009, 09:31 AM
I didnt see any mention of Newtek streaming from NAB this year as they have in the past. Will they be streaming?

Quiet1onTheSet
04-20-2009, 09:46 AM
I didnt see any mention of Newtek streaming from NAB this year as they have in the past. Will they be streaming?

...and with a compressor/limiter hooked up to the audio inputs?
:D

vicrest
04-20-2009, 11:09 AM
JVC is streaming right now at 1:00 PM eastern.

See Post #7 for a link.

That's the only live webcast that I've found so far....

vicrest
04-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Found this 'live' one.....

http://www.mogulus.com/nab2009

DiedonD
04-21-2009, 03:13 AM
And whatabout LW?!

Quiet1onTheSet
04-22-2009, 09:14 AM
And whatabout LW?!
"...and whatabout Dor-o-thy!?"

Ya' know, Toto -- with due respect to our friend, Ted, this thread thus far is quite a let-down. I mean, he's arrived at Oz, but hasn't reported back with anything of real value since!
:neener:

ted
04-22-2009, 10:16 PM
I have been pathetic with feedback. But I still haven't stopped. After getting back Tuesday night we shot a video today, edited tonight and are back doing a TriCaster gig first thing in the morning. Not to mention a bunch of other "emergency" stuff for clients in-between due to lack of planning. :devil:

NAB was busier than I thought. There. :D
Gotta go.

Quiet1onTheSet
04-24-2009, 07:34 AM
I have been pathetic with feedback. But I still haven't stopped. After getting back Tuesday night we shot a video today, edited tonight and are back doing a TriCaster gig first thing in the morning. Not to mention a bunch of other "emergency" stuff for clients in-between due to lack of planning. :devil:

NAB was busier than I thought. There. :D
Gotta go.You're forgiven, guy! At least you went!
:angel:

ted
04-24-2009, 08:19 PM
:)