PDA

View Full Version : collada?

andromeda_girl
04-17-2009, 12:46 PM
does anyone know if lightwave can import a collada mesh?

AdamAvenali
04-17-2009, 12:52 PM
just to try a test i just exported a .dae out of modeler 9.6 and then went to open and opened the same .dae just fine. just make sure you go to open as there is not an import option.

i know for sure the export option works because that's how i get my meshes into the unreal editor.

Pakorn1
05-14-2009, 08:59 AM
just to try a test i just exported a .dae out of modeler 9.6 and then went to open and opened the same .dae just fine. just make sure you go to open as there is not an import option.

i know for sure the export option works because that's how i get my meshes into the unreal editor.

I exported a .dae out of AccuTrans 3D as a test, and cannot open it in Layout or Modeler. Everytime I open the file, the program crashes and I am prompted to write a crash report. Is there a special plugin I need for this?

radams
05-14-2009, 09:04 AM
does anyone know if lightwave can import a collada mesh?

Hi there Andromeda_girl,

How is it going up in BC ?
You might want to see if you get CORE(which is collada native)...to import...then output to LWobject...

Then see how that works.

Are you still using Fusion ?
Drop me a PM when you get a chance. It's been awhile.

Cheers,

Pakorn1
05-14-2009, 09:17 AM
I had some success exporting a dae from Layout and then re-importing it. I did lose smoothing on the textures, but it seemed OK overall. I'm not sure if its going to work with my client's dae model (which will be out of SolidWorks, using Collada Export) Does anybody have this that can upload me a textured collada file to test?