PDA

View Full Version : Sumo Paint!

geothefaust
04-15-2009, 08:42 PM
I did a search and found no one had posted this, so here goes...

This is a neat little application. It's a web based painting/photo editing program. Similar to photoshop minus some features.

Give it a check. It's cool. :thumbsup:

www.sumopaint.com

cresshead
04-15-2009, 09:14 PM
nifty!

will give it a wirl...thanks for posting the news/link on it

geothefaust
04-15-2009, 09:18 PM
No probs man. Can't wait to see what you do with it. :thumbsup:

evenflcw
04-15-2009, 10:46 PM
I really dig the Ink Tool/Brush (to the left of the regular Brush).

Anybody know of a brush preset like that for Photoshop?

Thanks!

caccipergolo
04-16-2009, 01:58 AM
Really cool!
I think this is the best one web paint-application around!!
Thanks for this

JeffrySG
04-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Cool! Great option for the casual user who doesn't own PS or wouldn't know about or want to use GIMP, etc.

geothefaust
04-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Really cool!
I think this is the best one web paint-application around!!
Thanks for this

Me too! A friend showed it to me last week, been messing around with it off and on since then. My only gripe is that it doesn't have pressure sensitivity. :o

...And no problem. :)

adamredwoods
04-16-2009, 10:52 AM
I am actually satisfied with this interface, it's responsive and logically laid out. And a large color selector. I use Photoshop everyday and by God, Adobe could learn a thing or two from this crisp, responsive app.

Thanks for the find.

wacom
04-16-2009, 11:40 AM
It looks to only be something like 900k too...unlike Adobloat.

Let's see...if this is now possible...and Andrew over at pilgway (3D-coat) can code like a demi-god...whose to say what the future may hold and from who!

Just trying to be optimistic software wise for a bit...

adamredwoods
04-16-2009, 12:51 PM
/beware rant/

I boggles my mind that Adobe can get away with poor product releases. Photoshop CS2, CS3, these were such pitiful releases that only added a few necessary features, most which should have existed in PS7. CS4 isn't even that great-- I really don't need content aware stretching.

What irks me are the "features" which are just workflow improvements that should have been available YEARS ago (ie. folders, smart objects). Other software embraced these software improvements, but Photoshop remains shackled to its marketing-driven process.

And what ultimately irks me is how media writers fawn over Adobe products, even though it's obvious software users are being taken advantage of. It seems these big releases are getting less and less practical value. I'm noticing that Photoshop CS4 is an ok upgrade, Illustrator CS4 is not, and poor Flash CS4, a step BACKWARDS in user interface efficiency. But you don't get the option to select what to upgrade, you MUST UPGRADE EVERYTHING.

And for God's sakes, they need to fix bugs.... FOR FREE.

With the loss of Macromedia, Adobe has free reign. I hope some indie software developers can come in and show what innovation truly is.

/end rant/