PDA

View Full Version : Rounding a corner connecting two edges

wtdedula
04-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Hello All;
Can you tell me the easiest way to round a point connecting two edges ? I'm using LW Ver. 9. In other words, I need to replace that one point with several points to make a smooth bend between the two edges. Would Rounder do this ? I looked at the documentation and also tried it and can't seem to get it to work. Thanks much for some insight.

Tim

steamthunk
04-15-2009, 07:09 PM
So you have a plane and you want to get a rounded corner? Rounder needs at least 3 edges on a single point. Could you round out the corners of one face of a cube and just delete the other faces?

JeffrySG
04-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Check out Lightwave plugin Database - do a seach for JettoFillet it might do what you need.

wtdedula
04-16-2009, 02:13 PM
JeffrySG;
JettoFillet doesn't seem to work in LW 9.6. Looks like others have indicated this too in this Forum. I believe steamthunk's idea will work though I havn't tested it yet - hopefully tonite.

Tim

Silkrooster
04-16-2009, 05:12 PM
If I understand correctly your object has a beveled edge, not necessarily connected though. If true, then you should beable to select the two point on one side and weld or weld average them then do the other side, to create a sharp edge. Now select just the edge and apply rounder to it.
If not true then please post a screen grab of the wireframe of the object, so we can come up with other ideas.

THREEL
04-16-2009, 05:46 PM
I couldn't get JettoFillet to work for me, either (:lwicon: ver. 8.5). I tried both Lscripts and received the same errors. Rounder seemed to work good, but there were times when I had to hit the activate button. Is there another command to chamfer an edge, or edges?

monfoodoo
04-22-2009, 09:02 AM
There is a newer version out.I use it all the time.Same with Jetto Bevel.If Jetto Bevel gives you an error,just hit the button again and it will work.

serge
04-22-2009, 01:27 PM
What about Sensei's TrueFillet (http://trueart.pl/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/TrueFillet)? Should work with versions above LW6.

flakester
04-22-2009, 01:31 PM
What about Sensei's TrueFillet (http://trueart.pl/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/TrueFillet)? Should work with versions above LW6.

:agree: I can say for one, that TrueFillet does indeed work with 9.6. !w00t!
Good call.

--
flakester.