PDA

View Full Version : In The Skies

Gabman6
08-18-2003, 09:36 PM
Phew! Still workin on my Egg movie. I hear the word of the violence stuff, and i really kinda dont care. :D It will be as violent as i can make it! Haha. Anyway, i have a list of things to do for LGM Films, and i just completed one portion of 1 project i have to do. We got a whole lot of movies on the pipeline, and we got only 2 modelers/animators. Anyhoo enough with my chatter. Here it is:
Remember to turn on your sounds! SYNOPSIS: It's a story about a group of C-130s coming back from a training mission to their airbase in Germany. The weather bureau have warned the fleet that they'll encounter some weather disturbances but not something that would require them to change their flight plan. On their way, they encountered a strange weather pattern no one has ever experienced before... They wade their way through the storm and finally passed it. As they see the clear skies over Germany, they suddenly encountered heavy AAfire from the ground. Confused, the group flight leader radioed in only to discover that they are over Nazi Germany, 1942.

http://lgmfilms.com/images/TerrorInTheSkies.mov

http://lgmfilms.com/images/AAFire.jpg

pauland
08-18-2003, 10:12 PM
I liked the clip, though the camera is clearly affected by the explosions, the plane continues on course, not being affected at all. I was expecting the plane to wobble a little!

Paul

Gabman6
08-20-2003, 01:21 AM
Ok, i fixed the stiff plane, and i added more sounds. There anything else wrong? Or good?

pauland
08-20-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Gabman6
Ok, i fixed the stiff plane, and i added more sounds. There anything else wrong? Or good?

I like the plane moves. Much better. Now you have me wondering about the amount of colour in the scene and indeed what I'm seeing at all.

I guess what I'm used to seeing in war movies are usually B&W night scenes of bomber raids. I'm probably being swayed by fact that most of those films were in B&W, but I wonder if the amount of yellow explosion flashis too much - not the quantity, just the fact that the planes are lit by a yellow flash. This is just an impression of mine, probably way off.

Secondly, the scene itself depicts what is essentially a WWII scenario, searchlights, flak, etc.. yet the planes are not WWII!
What bothers me is that such a scene would therefore be unlikely because the planes would be very vulnerable to ground to air missiles.

What's the story here - what are we seeing?

Paul

Gabman6
08-20-2003, 03:01 AM
Hehe, good points. Im not really a historical person, but i do get what ur talkin bout. But i did little research and found that it was availiable in 1964 (hmm maybe missles were too) but the scene which im still touching up, just need to add few paratroopers (eggs, if u havent already guessed hehe). Thought i'd try somethin different. As for the yellows, ill check that out.

webfox
08-20-2003, 10:06 AM
I like it a lot. Good quality and the sound effects are good except for the ricochets... that's too "small arms fire" for me.

The thing I'm noticing most, though, is the searchlights.

Searchlights aren't used like Broadway premieres for attracting attention during wartime. They wouldn't be waving slowly, but instead would be put on a plane and kept there while the ground crews shoot at it. They're used to light up the target at night so it's easier to bring the enemy down.

So, maybe if one plane were constantly lit from beneath and a little more fire were focused on it... that might be a little more realistic.

This is still a very good piece. I think you've done a very good job here.

kiwisheep
08-21-2003, 04:57 PM
Loved the effects.... sounds.... I get an immersive feeling almost....
This kid rocks and he's 15 years old only!

Gabman6
08-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Hey there, thanks for the comments, glad you liked it, lets just try to 'remove' issues of accuracy here.

jman66
08-22-2003, 01:22 AM
Could use a bit more engine sound as the camera is quite close to that C130