PDA

View Full Version : VT[5] Audio Sources

forgotmynam
04-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Is there a way I can set a program as an audio source inside of VT[5]. For example, if i wanted to use audio being played through Internet Explorer.

Thanks

Rich Deustachio
04-14-2009, 03:19 PM
When VT used to have the card as the audio device you could play something in Windows media Player and it would show up on the mixer but they changed it so the VT board doesn't work that way anymore.

jcupp
04-15-2009, 11:35 AM
You can install the Windows audio driver from the VT[5] setup disc it's found in the extras folder.

nepvetm1
04-15-2009, 12:41 PM
another way to do it is to hook a 1/8" to stereo rca wire from the audio output of your soundcard into one of the audio input sources on your breakout box. this is how we have ours setup, more reliable than using the driver.

Rich Deustachio
04-21-2009, 11:06 PM
I like that idea! Nice and simple.

Pete Draves
04-22-2009, 06:56 AM
I setup all systems to mixers using a simple ground-loop isolator to remove ALL computer hash and hum.
From markertec 10k to 10k, brand is Jenson.

Pete

Quiet1onTheSet
04-25-2009, 08:34 AM
I setup all systems to mixers using a simple ground-loop isolator to remove ALL computer hash and hum.
From markertec 10k to 10k, brand is Jenson.

Pete
Anyone care to help us understand Pete's "10k to 10k" description? I want to believe he's indicating something about the impedance of the ground-loop isolator device.

Pete, if you're "listening", I'm about to go through the Markertek catalogue we've got here, to find the specific model number of that unit -- unless you've got it handy.

Pete Draves
04-25-2009, 10:12 AM
the iso is used direct to the vt audio in and out. this filters all of the computer noise and hash.
You bypass the BOB as it is the noisiest thing in the system.
I have had numerous conversations with the powers that be at NewTek. but there is no relief

Here is the Markertek link.

http://www.markertek.com/Product.asp?baseItem=JEN%2DCI2RR&cat=INTERFACE&subcat=&prodClass=AUDHUM&mfg=Jensen+Transformers&search=0&off=

I use one for in and one for out. Total clean sound for making master tapes and DVDs.

10k is the impedance. the level is -10.

Pete

Quiet1onTheSet
05-05-2009, 06:03 AM
the iso is used direct to the vt audio in and out. this filters all of the computer noise and hash.
You bypass the BOB as it is the noisiest thing in the system.

I use one for in and one for out. Total clean sound for making master tapes and DVDs.

10k is the impedance. the level is -10.

Pete

Thanks for that informed reply, there, Pete.