PDA

View Full Version : Free CORE for Latest FiberFactory Owners?

pumeco
04-14-2009, 07:02 AM
I've put this off as long as I can bear, but I'm getting nowhere and was wondering if anyone else has had any luck.

Has anyone had any success getting their free CORE through purchasing the latest version of FiberFactory? NewTek said the next version of LightWave would be free to such people. I've tried everything; NewTek Europe, NewTek USA, I've even had help through PM's over this, but still I'm getting nowhere. I've been trying to get this sorted ever since they released the CORE previews and stuff. The suspense is killing me, what the hell are we supposed to do?

There's no intructions about this anywhere on the CORE pages, and with not getting replies it's starting to get a bit annoying after all this time.

It's not like NewTek at all, they're usually very efficient in replying.

Has anyone had any success with this?
If so, what did you do?

Tranimatronic
04-14-2009, 09:23 AM
got core yet ? - no
order being processed - yes

its been over 3 months, and Im still waiting - however I dont mind being patient - but I was upset I didnt get a decisive answer before the $399 deadline passed, but I just put my faith in NT - they have since said yes & have delivered every other time.

Customer help @ newtek have been very good - I have gotten a reply for every enquiry - but it seems they are still waiting for my forum ID.

Id guess we are on the back seat until all paying customers have been processed - which again is understandable.

I feel your impatience - but id say be patient.

RebelHill
04-14-2009, 10:30 AM
....free CORE through purchasing the latest version of FiberFactory? NewTek said the next version of LightWave would be free to such people....

Ive never heard this...

NT integrated fiber factory into LW9.5 as fiber FX... adn said they would refund anyone who bought FF, but thats as far as it went... or as ive seen.

geothefaust
04-14-2009, 10:51 AM
I believe it was Chuck who said that those who purchased Fiber Factory before it was announced of the integration, would receive one paid update for free.

I do remember that.

prospector
04-14-2009, 11:27 AM
I believe it was Chuck who said that those who purchased Fiber Factory before it was announced of the integration, would receive one paid update for free.

True :)

Tranimatronic
04-14-2009, 11:59 AM

I do remember that.

yep - and I persued this for three months worth of nagging emails and requests. As I said above they have processed my 'order', but so far they are waiting for my forumID. AFAIK it is all going ahead. I suggest interested parties contact NT.

pumeco
04-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Thank's all for the feedback :thumbsup:

I've done everything in my power to get an order in but they're just not answering the emails. Like I said, PM's, NT Europe, NT USA, there's nothing left to try!

I'm not really impatient, I can wait, it's just that I'm getting no feedback so I don't know if I'm supposed to do something inparticular to get my order sorted or get this CORE ID thing or whatever it is.

Tranimatronic, you're lucky, if I'd got as far as you I'd be a lot happier :D

Chuck
04-14-2009, 01:20 PM
yep - and I persued this for three months worth of nagging emails and requests. As I said above they have processed my 'order', but so far they are waiting for my forumID. AFAIK it is all going ahead. I suggest interested parties contact NT.

Your forum ID is your forum username - have you sent it in? Since they have processed your order, then they are asking for you forum username so they can set your HardCORE access.

Folks who purchased by phone or by email did not receive a hardCORE serial number at the time of purchase, but our MIS department has now begun entering serial numbers in registration for those folks. This will be done in batches and will take a while to get completed. Just check your Registration account from time to time, and your HardCORE serial number should show up there soon.

Tranimatronic
04-14-2009, 01:23 PM
DOH !!! now im feeling really stupid.
So I have been waiting for the last 4 weeks for ME to send my forum ID in.

heh - thanks Chuck ;)

pumeco
04-14-2009, 01:39 PM
I still don't know what I'm supposed to do!

Chuck, I contacted customer support and gave them my forum name, I've done that with three people so far but nothing happened.

I can't really do more than I already have.
Please could you get someone to sort it for me? :help:

Sarford
04-14-2009, 03:53 PM

I do remember that.

Not trying to flame here but that doesn't imply a Hardcore membership does it, since you can get an update without the membership...

pumeco
04-14-2009, 05:59 PM
HardCORE or not, I just want to know what I'm supposed to do.
Why on earth didn't Chuck tell me when he visited this thread?

WTF, what am I supposed to do (that I haven't already done) to get this thing?

hrgiger
04-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Not trying to flame here but that doesn't imply a Hardcore membership does it, since you can get an update without the membership...

That would be my first thought as well. But consider that they may not have had a membership service in mind at that time which leaves it open for debate. It will be Newteks decision whichever they want to do.

pumeco
04-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Well, just when you though you'd got rid of me, I'm back with a new lease of life :D

Thanks to Tranimatronic for the tip, and to all involved at NewTek for sorting it out. I can visit the HardCORE forums now, so yup, it does include HardCORE as well!

Cheers Chuck :thumbsup:

Sarford
04-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Well, since I paid for Hardcore and others get it for free... am I entitled to a free copy of FiberFactory then? :D:D

geothefaust
04-15-2009, 08:36 PM

Yeah I was wondering that myself. Personally, I'd say no on the HardCORE membership, all they said was that the user was entitled to a free upgrade.

But of course that is entirely up to NT. :)

geothefaust
04-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Well, since I paid for Hardcore and others get it for free... am I entitled to a free copy of FiberFactory then? :D:D

DOH, NT is even more generous then I thought.

I want my free copy of FF now too. :D

pumeco
04-16-2009, 04:21 AM
You certainly are - and you already have!

You already got your free copy when NewTek aquired FiberFactory and renamed it to FiberFX :)
Not only that, since it became FiberFX it has improved a lot over what FiberFactory was. I think them getting the coder on board was a great move. It's a shame it hasn't happened with Viktor with LWCAD and Steve with FPrime.

Truth be told I'm gritting my teeth hoping there'll be an FPrime type renderer selectable as an actual viewport style for each window. Plus of course, Viktor has already said that LWCAD3 is coming to CORE.

Great :thumbsup: