PDA

View Full Version : lightwave 9.6 weird collada export for Ppvision 3D

theguaz
04-13-2009, 02:32 AM
Hi there folks, i've trying for the last two weeks to export correctly an IK or FK animated deformation from lightwave in collada(animated in layout) format.

By now i've success exporting static meshes with UV maps from modeler and even i' managed some workflow with the resulting dae because i'm a OSX Leopard user, so after the export of the *.dae file i open it with textEdit and change the absolute path of the UV bitmap that's been used by the dae into a relative one so the importer does not get me any errors, and make it more handy if i want to manage more than on texture forn an object.

Until that step i'm fine, i've done a lot ox experiments and i'm very proud and happy of what can be achieved with the LW/Flash/Ppvision combo with static meshes (here i left some examples (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94928&highlight=collada)). But now, i really need to do some animated stuff using the lightwave parenting utlities like bones and IK/FK, or other things (maybe endomorphs i don't know). The fact is that i've done a newspaper character with sklelegons and later on nicely animated on layout. But i have not been successful importing that into Flash, it's like the child bones get all weird with the coordinates and rotations, when i've exported animated things without bones it does not get all crazy, but i need the bone stuff, i gived a try with an animated model exported from 3D max and works like a charm, but i'm not gonna throw away like 7 years of been a lightweaver. Any suggestions?

here i left a video showing the last frustrating attempts. (http://ppvision.theguaz.com/3dproblema)
and here is the newspaper guy that i need to export.

best regards to all of you, and sorry 4 my english !

P.D. i'm really hoping that any of you can help me with this.
theguaz.

Cageman
04-13-2009, 02:38 AM
You are using IKBoost... make sure you bake everything before trying to export.

theguaz
04-16-2009, 03:03 PM
But, when i bake the bones i select them all an then bake them using the timeline, then is when all the bones get wrong.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong.
cheers.

Cageman
04-19-2009, 01:34 AM
Hmm...

Could you post the scene here? It would be much easier to troubleshoot.... :)

EDIT: If you can not post the actual content here, maybe you could create a scene that actually reproduces the problems you have and share that.

theguaz
04-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Ok, last night i started to play with the project tagada and an old set of mocap that i had, and kind of successfully exported an animation, i say this because ppvision got the baked channels from the bvh file, but after the interpretation of the 603 frames it did nothing. So, i took the same file and just exported a .mov, then compressed into flash media converter to .flv applied as texture into a regular double sided plane and that's it!.

I was reading more and i found a way to get the Mocap file and parse it in flash, if i get good results on that i will post it.

here it's a zip with the mode (http://ppvision.theguaz.com/tagada/problem.zip)l, a scene, and the texture, if anyone can help me to export the legs and arms bone animations baked i will be very apreciated.

Cageman
04-22-2009, 02:53 AM
Ok, last night i started to play with the project tagada and an old set of mocap that i had, and kind of successfully exported an animation, i say this because ppvision got the baked channels from the bvh file, but after the interpretation of the 603 frames it did nothing. So, i took the same file and just exported a .mov, then compressed into flash media converter to .flv applied as texture into a regular double sided plane and that's it!.

I was reading more and i found a way to get the Mocap file and parse it in flash, if i get good results on that i will post it.

here it's a zip with the mode (http://ppvision.theguaz.com/tagada/problem.zip)l, a scene, and the texture, if anyone can help me to export the legs and arms bone animations baked i will be very apreciated.

I will have a look at it tonight when I get home from work.

:)

Cageman
04-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Sorry for the delay... :)

I managed to export it with FBX over to Maya (no baking done). The only issue I can see is that the arm-joints, for some reason, are scaled down when comming into Maya, but the animation is transfered though.

I know that FBX isn't the concern, but I had to test this with FBX first to see how wonky things may end up in a package like Maya.

To be continued...

:)