PDA

View Full Version : UV Maps don't generate particle birth ?

Gregg "T.Rex"
04-12-2009, 06:59 AM
Just stumbled on this...

It seems that a UV based texture map can't be used to generate particle birth, but using a simple projection like planar, does generate particles...

Is this the case or is it me only?
I don't have the time to test this on simpler objects; I'm on a rapid diminishing dead line now...

Cheers,
T.Rex

Sensei
04-12-2009, 07:20 AM
That makes sense from programmer point of view - in texture applied in such plugin as Dynamics > Emitter, there is no "spot".. So vertex pointers and their weights are not also initialized (and without them it's impossible to get UV mapped image)..

BTW, did you try setting Nozzle to Object-Surface and Object-Vertices?

Gregg "T.Rex"
04-12-2009, 09:04 AM
It does make sense, but it's a major limitation nevertheless...
Yes; Object-Surface is what makes the texture to emit particles after all...

Since, LightWave 9.x feature development is dead in favor of Core, i guess we won't see any new work done on particles, among other cases, for a long long time...

I guess, it's that dreadful time -i meticulously avoided all those years- to look elsewhere; XSI's ICE seems like a good alternative for particle sims....

Cheers,
T.Rex

dnch
05-07-2009, 04:00 AM
i am not able to do this even with planar texture (animated with reference object)

Sensei
05-07-2009, 06:43 AM
i am not able to do this even with planar texture (animated with reference object)

Works fine here. See attached picture. You can even read text made by particles generated by planar mapped image..

3DGFXStudios
05-07-2009, 07:38 AM
uhh never mind... removed post