PDA

View Full Version : Incomplete renders in 9.6

F1Racer
04-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Just got this today. I think I've seen it happen before but only once. (LW 9.6 Windows XP - 2.75Gb RAM (from 4Gb)

The scene is a 2008 Honda F1 at Suzuka circuit. As you can imagine, with the entire track loaded in, its quite memory hungary.
I needed to do a fresh reboot to prevent it from running low on virtual memory at the end of the render phase.

So after a fresh boot I loaded the scene and went for it. According to my G15 keyboard, I was on 65% RAM usage.

I specified 1680x1050 and that is what I got.. but for some reason it has cropped it on the right and the bottom.
I do not have Limited region on or anything like that.
I used the Ozone 4 beta to generate the sky.

Anyone seen this before ? Im not aware of any resolution limitations on the Ozone 4 beta.

Thanks

tribbles
04-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Are you sure you don't have limited regions turned on?

Goto Render -> Limited Region (under Render Globals). Sorry - just noticed you had already checked that (doing a quick edit). I don't think segment memory would do such a thing... Can't think of anything else immediately obvious.

Very nice picture, btw!

F1Racer
04-11-2009, 05:59 PM
I re-rendered with F9 this time and it came out ok. Just F10 made it go like that.
Weird.

Anyway thx trilbbles, I`ll show you the final shot when its done if you want.
Its rendering now so my fingers are crossed.

lwanmtr
04-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Did you fix it? Yeah, limited region would do this..but beyond that I have not seen such an issue...maybe something to do with Ozone?

toby
04-11-2009, 09:23 PM
If it was limited region it would be a black border, no? Have you checked the Mask options, make sure you didn't switch that on accidentally.

That picture is dope! But the multiple shadows look a little odd.