PDA

View Full Version : Luxigons gone in Layout 9.6?

Serling
04-10-2009, 03:48 AM
Just saw a quick trick in one of Mr. Vaughn's "Tuts" for adding a virtual array of lights in a scene using Luxigons. Created the half-dome with all the polys set to receive Luxigons, but when I sent scene to Layout to convert them, there is no "Convert Luxigons" option under the Items->Lights tab in 9.6. It does, however, tell you in the 9.6 help that this feature is still there and how to use it.

Convert Luxigons is still in 9.31, but not in 9.6. Was this option removed in favor of dome lights for 9.6, and if so, why? Scene renders way faster with a grid of luxigon created lights than even with one single dome light.

MUCUS
04-10-2009, 05:34 AM
No they are still here :) Have you done a Search? (Alt+F10 > Search > Luxigon) Then if LW find nothing, you'll probably have to add the plug manually...but I guess he will find :)

3dWannabe
04-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Is that a tutorial found in one of the three categories on:

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/training.php ?

I get the idea there are many more tutorials that those on the LW ftp server.

Is there a grand index?

Thanks!

Oedo 808
04-10-2009, 09:22 AM
I remember there used to be a fair few tutorials for LightWave that didn't get carried over from the old site, I wonder if they are still available via ftp, that would be ideal.

Serling
04-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the Alt-F10 tip. Turns out, Convert Luxigons is under Items->Lights in 9.3.1, but in 9.6 it's under Utilities->Plugins->Additional. Now, is there a way to move or copy that back into the Lights menu under Items?

Thanks again.♠

Serling
04-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Nevermind...found out I could just drag and drop it from the left window (Alt-F10) to the right window under the menu where I wanted it to appear. It didn't go in under Lights, but it is at least now under the Add menu. Thanks again.

By the way, that is a really cool way to set up a light grid without having to set each light up one at a time. Looking forward to getting a lot of use out of that one. :)