PDA

View Full Version : creating transitions

hedao
04-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Is there a way to create transitions to use in the Broadcast Tricaster?

hedda

billmi
04-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Yes.

They can be built LightWave3D using a plugin and separate command line based compiler, or if they are a wipe only (the video does not get deformed) they can be produced directly in Aura using the VT wipe generator filter.

Also, there are folks like myself ( http://corin.com/wipes/custom.shtml ) that build them custom to order.

MonkeyWithaGun
04-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Bill made me a great custom wipe!!! He does good work.

Thanks Bill.

-patrick

hedao
04-11-2009, 07:03 PM

joseburgos
04-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Like Bill said, you make them using LW for advance transitions and Aura for wipes.
I am am one of of those "folks" who make custom DVE's like Bill.
Bill and a few others have been doing it for a lot longer than me as I am kind of the new kid on the block in this regard (only 5/6 years now of doing custom DVE's) and only about one year promoting it as most of my DVE work has been referral.

Take care,

bbailey
10-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Jose,

Have you been able to build a transition using Bluff Titler? If so...how do you do it?

Bob

joseburgos
10-03-2009, 05:15 PM
By transition, do you mean DVE? If so, only Aura and Lightwave can make DVE's.
If you mean an overlay, well then just render out an animation using a file format that has alpha channel like you would with any animation software.

Take care,

billmi
10-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Hey, thanks Patrick!

Nice to get to see that DVE on a quality webcast, too. I admit you've spoiled me to not hang around to the end at World Cup, but to come home and watch the finals from an easy chair, and catch follow-up interviews and quotes by phone.

Bbaily,
Jose's on it - it's got to be lightwave or Aura to make a DVE.

bbailey
10-05-2009, 11:28 AM
My Bluff Title transition is a rotating globe with a title over it moving from infinity toward the camera and past using FOV. The globe and title are in motion but it would render out as a zoom at screen center with alpha. How can I make this a transition for my Tricaster Broadcast?

billmi
10-05-2009, 01:42 PM
If you can export from Bluff Title into a format that supports alpha channel, that can be imported into Aura and used as the overlay layer in building a DVE. You'd still need to build your wipe layer that defines the wipe style video transition behind the overlay.

bbailey
10-05-2009, 02:53 PM
It sounds like my best bet is to send the "show" file to either you, Bill, or Jose and let you compile it for me. I don't have Aura and since I don't need more than one of these right now, makes more sense to farm it out. I know Jose has Bluff Title. Do you? The file rendered out as a 32bit .avi. But if I send the "show" file you can render it from your end. It takes about 2-3 minutes. What would either of you charge me to compile this and send it back to me?

bbailey
10-05-2009, 03:57 PM
The show file is 6MB and the rendered .avi file is 133MB. I can't attach either of them here. It took 16sec to render. I actually have two versions, now.

billmi
10-05-2009, 07:00 PM
I don't have Bluff Titler, so I would need the rendered file to compile from. If you'd like to give me a ring, to go over specifics (how the video should be transitioning behind the animation) I can give you a quote.

321-724-4466

bbailey
10-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Bill,

I'm uploading one of the two .avi files now to youtube. When it's finished I'll get the link to you and we can talk. However, suppose I want to do a lot of these? What do I need to be able to compile an .avi file in this manner? Are we talkin' Aura?

I bought 3D Arsenal last year and did some minor animating with it. It came with LW 7.5.
I read about a pluggin but I'm not sure if this is the correct direction to continue toward.

bbailey
10-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Bill,

The YouTube link to my first transition FX is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6HkiA3RXeo
My second version will have the same syle of motion with the title placed differently.

Bob

bbailey
10-06-2009, 11:01 AM
OK, Bill, here's the other one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UURgPhHVtng

bbailey
10-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Bill,

The transitions I built and sent to you for compiling worked perfectly. I may design a couple more for you to compile.

You sent jpgs with the two transitions that I'm guessing are suppose to be applied to the transition icons. I couldn't figure out how to accomplish it.

Any ideas? I emailed you but it may not have gone thru.

bbailey
10-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks, Bill. I re-loaded the transitions using the simpler method you sent me and everything is perfect.
This was so much fun I wish I could find a copy of Aura. Is it no longer published?

billmi
10-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Excellent.

Aura is no longer published as a stand-alone product, only as a part of the VT[5] software suite. That's a shame, because although it's quite dated, it is still quite capable.

SBowie
10-16-2009, 12:52 PM
I continue to think that anyone serious about this should consider picking up a second-hand VT. There are lots of deals to be had.

Not only would you get a working copy of Aura (and possibly LW depending on the package), you'd get a truckload of other useful functionality - even if you just stuck the card in a PCI slot and installed the software in a case with an old P4 or better, never mind actually setting up a killer system for it.