PDA

View Full Version : My last animation...

duellestyle
04-09-2009, 08:08 AM
http://www.lucianopalladino.com/images/preview.jpg

Hi everyone,
I decided to post my last animation that I did just for testing how a character interact with a heavy rock, I tested FiberFX in animation and other stuff. Anyway I payed more attention in the animation rather than texturing and rendering setting. It's just a simple radiosity setting (cached). Hope you like it...and feedback are welcome!:thumbsup:

http://www.lucianopalladino.com/giftfromthesky.html

p.s. unfortunally compressing it in flv, the quality goes down losing some particular.

New animations test are coming up!:D

Nicolas Jordan
04-09-2009, 02:56 PM
I like it! The overall look is pretty nice. :thumbsup: Did you encounter any problems with FiberFX? Did you use the new Joint Bones for rigging the character?

Larry_g1s
04-09-2009, 03:26 PM
I'll have to check it out later (home), I'm having problems with my connection right now and it's super slow. It's nice to see more LW animation. But why is it your "last" animation, don't you want to do more? :tongue:

BeeVee
04-09-2009, 03:58 PM
A lot of Romance languages, including Italian use "last" where English speakers would use "latest".

A lovely bit of animation Luciano, the pose to pose movements are very sharp, but the sound feels awkward most of the time. The fur is great - no flickering or bald spots.

Larry_g1s
04-09-2009, 04:01 PM
A lot of Romance languages, including Italian use "last" where English speakers would use "latest".

A lovely bit of animation Luciano, the pose to pose movements are very sharp, but the sound feels awkward most of the time. The fur is great - no flickering or bald spots.I know, that's why I had the tongue icon. ;) It's just always funny when I see that. So tell me, what would someone say if it were going to be their last one.

P.s. good to see ya again BeeVee.

duellestyle
04-09-2009, 04:03 PM
BeeVee:
hahahaha I juste realize it! hahahah it's funny becouse I studied english in USA but it's 4 years that I'm back in Italy. So I didn't practice english a lot, and this make my english going down so bad. I take back my italian way to speak in english ;) Anyway about the sound, as I told bf I focus more in the animation and less to the other stuff. Anyway thanks for the critics.

Nicolas Jordan:
yes I find some problem with fiberFx especially with guides. In fact at the end I decided to make the mustaches as poligon instead fiber. So I use FiberFX just for fur. Anyway I found a good compromise to have a good looking render with render time. About bones, I use normal bones but I'll test the new bones system further.

Larry_g1s:
Yes, I'll do more animations (experiments). I'm making these animations just for myself to test my skills and lw capacity.

You'll see more animations so..this is no my "LAST ONE" promise! ;)

ch.schrul
04-09-2009, 05:30 PM
:thumbsup: I like it too!

Just a little note... ;)

Cheers
Chris

Larry_g1s
04-09-2009, 10:44 PM
BeeVee:
hahahaha I juste realize it! hahahah it's funny becouse I studied english in USA but it's 4 years that I'm back in Italy. So I didn't practice english a lot, and this make my english going down so bad. I take back my italian way to speak in english ;) Anyway about the sound, as I told bf I focus more in the animation and less to the other stuff. Anyway thanks for the critics.

Nicolas Jordan:
yes I find some problem with fiberFx especially with guides. In fact at the end I decided to make the mustaches as poligon instead fiber. So I use FiberFX just for fur. Anyway I found a good compromise to have a good looking render with render time. About bones, I use normal bones but I'll test the new bones system further.

Larry_g1s:
Yes, I'll do more animations (experiments). I'm making these animations just for myself to test my skills and lw capacity.

You'll see more animations so..this is no my "LAST ONE" promise! ;)I knew it wasn't...just a little fun. Checking it out now.

meshpig
04-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Brilliant! Love the "Wile E Coyote" aspect, works really well. The "Titianesque" foliage also goes nicely with "Peer Gynt" etc.

- "Last" isn't too much of a leap to "latest"; it's pretty obvious it isn't your last animation... though I admit I was expecting to read either that you were about to give up or read an obituary.

:thumbsup:

m

duellestyle
04-10-2009, 02:35 AM
Thanks again! I promise that the new one will be even better than this one...Anyway I forgot to wish to the community

Happy Easter!:D

see ya guys

Kuzey
04-10-2009, 06:13 AM
That was wonderful....Brilliant work :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Is the background an image or actual scene with polygons etc.

Shouldn't there be a crater when the rock first hits the ground and maybe some dust flying into the air etc. Just thinking it might add more impact when the cat jumps up :D

Kuzey

mehetabel
04-10-2009, 07:08 AM
I like the animation and the rendering. The story didn't realy made sense to me. Like where did the head come from and why did he wanted to get rid of it!? But as you said, you were more focussed on the animation then the other parts. Oh, it looks like there are 2 suns. There are 2 volumetric lightning spots shinging trough the trees!

I too am wondering if the background is a picture or a photo.

Great job!

duellestyle
04-10-2009, 08:44 AM
well about the story...hehe no one knows where that head came from! just land from the sky!! ;) and he wanted to move it cuz it lands on his spot while he was reading peacefully a comic book :D it was an excuse to test the heaviness of an object and the interaction with a character. About the background its a picture in front projection, like the old animation I like to fuse a painted background with characters on the top. Sometimes is better to have a 3d background, (but it's hard to make it look good) instead paint it in 2d you can achieve quickly the result that you want to. But still a personal opinion. Anyway I make that background.

about the crater...well it will give more impact but would be impossible for the leopard move it cuz it would be stack in the ground! ;)

about the lights, yes there are 2 and made it in post process. I really like to do something in 3d and other in post process (2d) cuz you can have good result almost in real time.

last thing, I think that everyone has to do their own job, I'm presenting myself as an animator and secodary as a modelator, so I really enjoy animating and less "joy" to do enviroment, rigging etc..

Other tests are coming soon...

sampei
04-10-2009, 02:30 PM
eccezionale duellestyle ! ma hai fatto tutto da solo ? caspita il rigging pare veramente notevole, l'animazione da applausi...anche lo sfondo e' veramente bello, e' un matte painting ?
ancora tantissimi complimenti ;)

cagey5
04-10-2009, 03:21 PM
A nice animation exercise that, for me, would be improved by reducing the number of sound effects. Make it more subtle and let the viewers get drawn into the reactions rather than have every movement highlighted for them. my 2 cents..

duellestyle
04-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Sampei:
grazie per i tuoi complimenti, troppo gentile. Lo sfondo l'ho creato in photoshop e messo su lw in front projecting mapping. Altre animazioni sono in arrivo ;)

Cagey5:
yes, probably i putted too much sound effects, my big problem was to try to put a music on the background, well to not be a musician the result isn't bad ;) ..anyway thanks for your 2 cents!

sampei
04-11-2009, 10:54 AM
ottimo, le attendo con ansia allora :D

3DGFXStudios
04-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Very nice animation!!!
This deserves better sound. Really!!! Those cheap whoosh sounds really don't do good.

duellestyle
04-13-2009, 11:53 AM
yeah lots of people commented about the sound effects! sorry I'm not a musician/rumorist so i tried to put it as the best I could (also I was excited to see the animation complete so...)

Anyway thanks again for your comments. Now I'm kinda busy about work, but in the spare time I'll make new animation trying to improve myself as the best is possible, probably I'll not make a story but just shots put them together so I can test more things.

see ya

RebelHill
04-19-2009, 07:31 AM
very nice, and very cute. I love some of the facial sutff... expecially the chewing. Though I find a lot of the various body motions are a lil too rigid for my liking, a limb, tail, etc moves, then stops dead... needs for follow through, or nuanced motions imo, at the moment its got a very "2d" asthetic to some of it. Id also watch ur sense of weight during some of the steps and walks, and especially the jumps and bounces.

Otherwise, great stuff.

duellestyle
04-23-2009, 05:27 AM
Thanks for your comment, I'm testing now another animation to make the animation looks less rigid and more like a cartoon look (stretch etc..). The part of chewing I tried to make it as good as possible, and cuz of the compression u can't see well that part. It moves the "temple?" muscle (upper muscles on the sides) and moves a little the ears.

sampei
04-23-2009, 05:02 PM
can't wait to see the new animation duelle, keep up the good work ! ;)