PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Morph Mixing multiple layers

rdolishny
04-08-2009, 10:10 PM
I build some nice Morph shapes in modeler and sent the four layer object to Layout. The four layers are: head, eyes, nose, and mouth.

I bring up the morph mixer dialogue for the head layer and animate this perfectly.

However the other three layers aren't playing along anymore. They did in modeler (with all four layers active). The other three layers are not morphing at all.

How can I get the other three layers to pick up the morph-mixer keyframes from the 'head' layer?

- Rick

edit: I know it might seem kinda weird having a layer called 'mouth' and 'eyes'. They are just simple objects stuck onto the head like a stuffed teddy bear. In fact, that's exactly what I'm working on!

edit2: And yes my work involved fiberfx and no, I have no problems with that at all. It's working absolutely perfectly!!!

daforum
04-09-2009, 01:45 AM
You should apply Morph Mixer to each object as a Displacement in each object property as you have a morph on seperate layers. Lightwave will use each layer as a seperate object.

daforum
04-09-2009, 01:47 AM
You could also try cutting and pasting each layer into one layer in Modeler, saving as an incremented object then take into Layout to see when you apply Morph Mixer to the single object if all the morphs appear in one place.

othornton
04-09-2009, 03:15 AM
How can I get the other three layers to pick up the morph-mixer keyframes from the 'head' layer?

- Rick

Just load morph mixer for the elements (layers) you want to follow and use Channel follower to follow the main head morphs. I run into this all the time too because I keep my teeth and eyes on a separate layer from my head.

Cheers,

-Oliver

zapper1998
04-09-2009, 03:37 AM
ok i might try that myself....

the newtek forums are acting really weird ....??

daforum
04-10-2009, 02:38 AM
ok i might try that myself....

the newtek forums are acting really weird ....??

What's weird with the newtek forums?

lwanmtr
04-12-2009, 03:22 PM
What's weird with the newtek forums?

Mostly the people on it...LOL

Channel follower would be a good way to go, so you can keep the elements seperate.