PDA

View Full Version : UK LWers - HELP!

pauland
04-08-2009, 09:07 AM
I need serious help. I have a VHS tape of Newtek at NAB 2000 and every now and again I stick it in the player and watch it. It has to stop - there's only so many times this thing can be watched without needing psychiatric treatment.

If a UK LWer would like to save me from impending doom, I'd be happy to send this historical tape to them. You will then see LW9 and Core in a whole new context. Along the way you will cringe at some of the sales patter/techniques.

Let me know if someone wants it. I'll post it within the UK on condition that whoever gets it will make the same offer when they are done.

Where's that rewind button, I've missed a bit..

Paul

biliousfrog
04-08-2009, 09:49 AM
I'd love to but I haven't had a VHS player for years...shame because I've got a load of old gigs on tape.

Any chance of converting to DVD or upload to YouTube?

pauland
04-08-2009, 09:54 AM
LOL, I'm trying to get rid of distractions, not make more work!

gordonrobb
04-08-2009, 01:13 PM
What's a video tape?

Only kidding, I remember them being introduced.

Me too on the interest, but no technology.

The Dommo
04-09-2009, 11:05 AM
send it to us!
would be funny to watch.

Maybe i'll send it back to you on one of these new-fangled DVD thingies....!

pauland
04-09-2009, 01:48 PM
OK, you asked for it. Newtek @ NAB will be heading to the Midlands next week..

The Dommo
04-23-2009, 03:50 AM
Wow - i had forgotten to keep track of this thread, but lo and behold, a random package arrived with no message whatsoever, so I pulled out a free copy of Serenity and a random VHS, looking blankly at my colleagues.

It was only when Paula spotted a label on the side of the VHS saying Newtek, that this started to make sense...!

For the sake of the community, I'll capture the VHS and stick the vid online, post a link here etc. If that's not breaking Newtek copyright? Dunno. Can always take it off the net again :D

Did you want money for the DVD> My colleague Paul [Flakester] says the VFX etc were done in LW so I assume that's why it's in the package.....

Anyway, thanks a lot!

pauland
04-23-2009, 02:13 PM
You're welcome. I finally overcame the lethargy and posted it all off. I'd think carefully about posting the content - Newtek might not be so happy with their 2000 image and the Joy of Six resurrected again. I understand also that the company that made the tape had a deal with Newtek - so there are a few toes to step on.

Serenity has a lot of fans, but I hated cowboys in space, so you are very welcome to it!

Enjoy that video!

Paul

biliousfrog
04-24-2009, 01:27 AM
Serenity has a lot of fans, but I hated cowboys in space, so you are very welcome to it!

LOL...I couldn't put my finger on it but that's exactly why I didn't like it too.

OnlineRender
04-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Dont watch it , ITS THE RING ! hes just passed all the death and missfortune onto you

:)