PDA

View Full Version : VIPER Preview problem

parazis
04-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Hi, I'm running LW UB 9.6. Trying to make preview of texture animation. Viper renders every frame, but alas - when I press play button nothing happens. I've tried to change preview options, but when I press Options in Viper menu, nothing happens again. By the way, surface editor was open with right surface selected. I've tried to delete all config files as well. Any other solution?

Markc
04-08-2009, 11:35 AM
I also have the same issue, both in the UB and the CFM versions?

ramccombe
04-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi folks, I have 2 options for you. First if you press play on Viper and while it's playing, move the Viper window over and you will find it playing behind the Viper window. The problem I found with this option is the playback is really fast. Here is the option I found works best though it's a little inconvenient. For UB go to Users/you/Library/Caches/LightWave there you will find a file named "CurrentPreview.mov" that is what you want. For CFM that file lives in the "Programs" folder. I just leave a Finder window open to the appropriate folder for easy access. You must close the movie after preview as it will not update while the Quicktime window is open. These Quicktime movies play at the correct speed. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

parazis
04-09-2009, 02:55 AM
Thank you very much. Workaround as usual in ol' good Lightwave :)

ramccombe
04-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Thank you very much. Workaround as usual in ol' good Lightwave :)

You are quite welcome, glad I could help. I mentioned this but I don't recall Fogging this during the 9 beta cycle. It seems Chilton responded that this wasn't likely to be fixed for some technical reason but I could be wrong.
:beerchug:

daforum
04-09-2009, 06:53 PM
For UB go to Users/you/Library/Caches/LightWave there you will find a file named "CurrentPreview.mov" that is what you want. For CFM that file lives in the "Programs" folder. I just leave a Finder window open to the appropriate folder for easy access. You must close the movie after preview as it will not update while the Quicktime window is open. These Quicktime movies play at the correct speed. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. I was looking for the current preview movie file and couldn't locate it on my mac...until now!

parazis
04-10-2009, 01:12 AM
You are quite welcome, glad I could help. I mentioned this but I don't recall Fogging this during the 9 beta cycle. It seems Chilton responded that this wasn't likely to be fixed for some technical reason but I could be wrong.
:beerchug:

All hopes for Core :lwicon: