PDA

View Full Version : Glow problem

genesis1
04-07-2009, 09:00 AM
I have a strange glow problem. I have a console with switches and a background set with window like portholes. If I turn on glow, then click on a console lightswitch, add glow to it in surface editor, not only does the switch glow but the wall portholes as well! No glow has been turned on in the surface editor for the portholes, so I don't understand why they are glowing? If I turn off glow in the surface editor for the switches, they stop glowing, but still the portholes glow!

:help:

jasonwestmas
04-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Are you working with reflection, transparency or luminosity?

3DGFXStudios
04-07-2009, 12:08 PM
show us some images!?

Sekhar
04-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Are you sure you have no glow intensity in surface editor for the portholes? I'm guessing you had that for both, and when you turned on glow in processing, both started glowing. Disabling glow intensity for the switches would still keep the glow for the portholes. Just speculating... If not, why don't you just post your scene for us to check?

ro-ry
04-07-2009, 06:42 PM
what was that all about?

genesis1
04-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks for all the replys, I found out what the problem was. I hadn't used this model for a while and I had missed another surface inside the pothole that was turned on for glow. (Hides head in shame).:thumbsup: