PDA

View Full Version : Importing Scene Lights!

jaxtone
04-06-2009, 09:30 PM
I donīt know how to import lights from a scene and still keep the "Light Object Properties" as they are in the master scene!

Example:

I got a scene called "Master"! I save a copy of "Master" and call it "Slave"!

In the "Slave" scene I change position and animation tracks of the objects that this "Slave" scene contains! During this process I have changed some of the lights in this scene, and also added a few new ones! Now I would like to change back to the original light setup from the "Master" scene again and start with loading "items from scene" from the "Master" scene and then chose the lights only!

The problem is that even if these two scenes have an identical amount of objects the "Light Object Properties" will not be imported from the "Master" scene, only the lights themselfes! How can I even import the "Light Object Properties" with exclusion and ignore of how the separate Light sources attract the objects so scene "Slave" have the same setup as the "Master" scene?

toby
04-07-2009, 09:03 PM
I don't think there's a way to do that.

Jeremy Hardin has a cool tool that can keep two scenes in sync, "Reference_Motion"
http://jeremy.lwidof.net/lscript/

and this is a simple and great light exclusion tool, you can do all of your exclusions/inclusions all at once, easliy

daforum
04-10-2009, 03:01 AM
Toby.

What does your script do? :)

To exclude/ include lights from objects in the light properties just right click and select any of the objects to bring up the option to exclude/ include all items.

daforum
04-10-2009, 03:02 AM
I donīt know how to import lights from a scene and still keep the "Light Object Properties" as they are in the master scene!

Example:

I got a scene called "Master"! I save a copy of "Master" and call it "Slave"!

In the "Slave" scene I change position and animation tracks of the objects that this "Slave" scene contains! During this process I have changed some of the lights in this scene, and also added a few new ones! Now I would like to change back to the original light setup from the "Master" scene again and start with loading "items from scene" from the "Master" scene and then chose the lights only!

The problem is that even if these two scenes have an identical amount of objects the "Light Object Properties" will not be imported from the "Master" scene, only the lights themselfes! How can I even import the "Light Object Properties" with exclusion and ignore of how the separate Light sources attract the objects so scene "Slave" have the same setup as the "Master" scene?

Jaxtone, have a look at this thread. Might be helpful?!

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94030

toby
04-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Toby.

What does your script do? :)

To exclude/ include lights from objects in the light properties just right click and select any of the objects to bring up the option to exclude/ include all items.
It's just like maya's connection editor, but only for lights/objects, much simpler. Better than lw's light/object properties too, multi-select doesn't work for everything in lw. But it's not my script :) think I got it on flay -