PDA

View Full Version : Text in columns

rncjay
04-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Hi all,
This would be a rather basic isssue for most LW users BUT it eludes me and I hope all you good people can point me in the right direction. I need to create a table of numbers (8 x 10) for a report. I need several sets of these tables for various pages of these reports. My question is which app do I use to create these tables? Should I use excel, word or maybe model the tables within LW itself. Appreciate your comments.:help:

JeffrySG
04-06-2009, 02:32 PM
I think I would just type them into Illustrator and then position them with tabs until you're happy with the layout. Then convert to outlines and save as an v.8 EPS and import into LW.

Silkrooster
04-06-2009, 06:57 PM
That should be one cool report to give them in 3d.

accom
04-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Setting up tables is a piece of cake in InDesign. If you don't have it, then Illustrator would be my second choice...

Pdf from InDesign, import into Illustrator, convert text to curves, export as Illustrator eps and import into Modeler.

A bit of cleaning up, bevel, extrude, clean up, polish, texture, lightning, camera setup, render. :) You know this allready. :)

rncjay
04-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Thanks guys, I will give Indesign/Illustrator tonight. Yes... I am hoping the 3d version will come out okay. I am also doing an animated version of the report as it flips through the pages. Will report back. Regards.

rncjay
04-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Yes.. AI is cool and it makes it so easy. But, the text when imported contains many errors. For instance, the Zero's and O's are closed. M's messy etc etc. Is there a fast way of getting them across without these errors. I have many reports to do up and I'm worried that I may have to spend a lot of time cleaning them up. I am using ARIAL in AI. Would the font matter? Thanks.

BigHache
04-11-2009, 08:07 AM
When importing, check Auto AxisDrill. That should give you the knockouts like you need.