PDA

View Full Version : Blind Mary

BlueApple
04-04-2009, 06:16 PM
This is another piece I am working on in my series. Taking Bluerider's advice, I have chosen to limit my palette. So far I have roughed in the colors with marker, and will probably do a little more marker work before moving on to colored pencils.

C&C are welcome.

BlueApple
04-04-2009, 06:18 PM
...the other pieces in this series can be found here:

http://www.blueapplestudio.com/currentProjects/currentProjects.html

If you have a pair of (anaglyph) 3D glasses you may want to put them on towards the bottom of the page.

bazsa73
04-05-2009, 01:08 PM
I like the naked woman you did! It reminds me Mucha and Gauguin. You mentioned that you're not pleased with the colours, maybe it's a bit too cold but I don't know if it's bad, just an impression. Actually it's ok, but you could make different color variations. I would definitely try out the lush, vivid south american oversaturated style as it goes so well to the temper of that continent. Maybe the greens could be harsher as in the jungle.
Ok, I stop it, Iike your work! Great job!

BlueApple
04-05-2009, 01:21 PM
bazsa73, thanks for your comments and advice. I will keep it in mind while I repair the piece :)

bluerider
04-06-2009, 10:24 AM
The design is really really strong :thumbsup:.

BlueApple
04-11-2009, 05:27 PM
I think this picture is done, though I may get back in there and add some darker values in the shadows. C&C are welcome.

BlueApple
04-22-2009, 06:25 AM
I added some dark green to the hatching in the background... now it's done.