PDA

View Full Version : Vue xstream crashing in save

stevecullum
04-03-2009, 06:06 PM
I just bought and installed Vue 7 xstream 64bit. I like the overall improvements to it, but I can't save anything from Lightwave - crashes all the time.

I can save a vue scene ok, but if I try to save a lightwave scene, merge from scene or load item from scene it blows up.

Anyone got the same issue - any work arounds?

lwaddict
04-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Nothing yet.

Did you purchase 'the plan'?
Seems the only way to get the updates and new builds is to pay them constantly with no fullfillment of the promises they've made since Xstream 6.

At least you got it runnnig standalone...
you can still comp it all in the end.

stevecullum
04-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Nothing yet.

Did you purchase 'the plan'?
Seems the only way to get the updates and new builds is to pay them constantly with no fullfillment of the promises they've made since Xstream 6.

At least you got it runnnig standalone...
you can still comp it all in the end.

Didn't know there was a plan!

Oh well, we've just about scrapped through using the standalone version, although now I just feel like researching ways to mimic vue's ecosytems in LW directly - there are so many bugs and not enough control over things IMO. :hammer:

lwaddict
04-28-2009, 07:19 AM
Yeah, they've been 'so kind' as to charge people for a support plan that will get you all the latest updates and patches (which let's face it, should be called fixes since it's never worked).

Here's a great work around.

Export all the trees and foilage you want to lwo's.

In Lightwave build your scene and plop them where you want them. They export nicely and render great...but they look like hell in layout until you render.

And use the standalone for the big shot so you can comp them in.

Sad thing is that you could do this with the cheaper, much cheaper versions of Vue.

stevecullum
04-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Yeah, they've been 'so kind' as to charge people for a support plan that will get you all the latest updates and patches (which let's face it, should be called fixes since it's never worked).

Here's a great work around.

Export all the trees and foilage you want to lwo's.

In Lightwave build your scene and plop them where you want them. They export nicely and render great...but they look like hell in layout until you render.

And use the standalone for the big shot so you can comp them in.

Sad thing is that you could do this with the cheaper, much cheaper versions of Vue.

I think I learned my lesson with Vue...

lwaddict
04-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Sadly, I think many of us have.

Bummer too because if they delivered what they promised, and continue to promise...
wow...imagine it, the shots we could all pull off.

Until that day...
comp comp comp.

Hang in there,

LW

stevecullum
04-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Hang in there

It's by severely worn threads, but still with it! :bangwall::cursin:

prospector
04-29-2009, 08:34 AM
I was looking at that (vue7) and according to advertising...it works flawlessly with LW..

So your all saying that it leaves alot to be desired?

I got the other Vue with a LW upgrade awhile back, so it's just better to transfer objects an rebuild in LW?

stevecullum
04-29-2009, 11:56 AM
according to "the questionable" advertising

Its looks really shiny on the outside, but damn ugly underneath!

Personally, I'll be looking to emulate stuff in LW next time ;)

lwaddict
04-29-2009, 02:23 PM
What I'm saying is 'NO'... xStream still doesn't do what they say it does.
For a few, sure, for most...'NO'.

However, it's a great package, Vue is...
pickup Vue Complete at a third of the price and work around with that with comps, exported trees and foilage, etc...

You'll thank yourself for signing up for the E-On forums and read for so much as 5-10 minutes...

Currently, just today in fact, they announced that you'd get 7.5 for 495 additional dollars or free if you bought 'the plan'...
I wonder how the XSI people feel about not getting the 'ecosystem painting' that was promised with 7 until they pay up for it.

Lots of interesting business concepts with E-On.

Again...pick up complete and just work it.

Hope this saves somebody some money and/or their sanity.

stevecullum
05-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Just installed 7.4 and its much better! I can finally save without crashing and general stability seems much improved. :)

lwaddict
05-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Sweet...
weird how the PLE works but the actual app had so many issues.

Let's keep each other in the loop on stuff that's working, not just the broken items.

Hang in there,
things are looking up.

bradimatics
05-28-2009, 05:54 PM
I've been losing sleep trying to get ANYTHING to happen between LW and Vue7 xStream since late last year. I put in another call to them today that resulted in their pointing out that there is now a 7.4 [already mentioned in a post above, but I point it out again, just in case someone else is slogging through these forums and missed it]. This is now the second update I'll have installed - we'll see if this one makes any difference.

Depending on the success - or not - of this update, I am supposed to speak with one of their tech persons tomorrow. All I can say is that if the 7.4 fixes work, great, but it will only now provide me with a workable software package that was paid for 8 months ago. And I'm saying "IF" in a big way.

e-on should realize the package is too incredibly powerful to allow themselves to get tripped up over unforgivable incompatibility issues, which, as always, are promised within their advertising to be resolved.

Six minutes left on the update download. We'll see what happens then...

Trulsi
06-01-2009, 07:06 AM
And what happened?

clagman
06-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Installed 7.5 last week and it works fantastic but it seems to have introduced a new problem for me in that it isn't working with my linear gamma setup. ARghhh.

3dworks
06-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Six minutes left on the update download. We'll see what happens then...

so, what did happen? is it any better than previous versions?

cheers

markus

Andyjaggy
06-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Beware. The problems will be fixed, only to be replaced by new ones. Proceed with caution.

I've encountered a new problem where my scene just stop rendering. 5 frames into the animation it just freezes for no apparent reason. I might have to render this animation 1 frame at a time. Shutter.

marchermitte
06-15-2009, 09:48 AM
I say this is close to a scam! I bought Xstream 6 and that was barely OK, lots of bugs. I upgraded to 7 thinking that most of the bug would be fixed and the new features (eco painting in 3D package) rocked, but those features that were advertised without any specification only worked on Max and C4D
The 7 crashes even more (I think) than version 6. I experience crashes while saving all the time even with just a basic terrain or a few trees.
Now they want us to pay to get a 7.5 upgrade that is supposed to fix problems that prevent me to use their software as advertised??
I'm not going to upgrade before I read in forums that everything is fine and the soft works as expected. I think people who ask for It should even be elligible for a refund at that point.

lwaddict
06-15-2009, 02:41 PM
I've mentioned a ridiculous number of times on their boards how nobody's yet to receive what the BOX had promised :deal:
versions ago...and even now.

You should see the retaliation of a couple of their members...
"Oh you've got nothing to say"
"What are your credentials?"
"'I'd like to know..."

Got tired of fan boys and can't find anyone with objectivity who believes it works...but the promise of landscape modeling heaven keeps us driving forward. (Did I mention that it's like software crack? Nothing good comes of it but oh so many are hopelessly addicted to it and send money whenever it's demanded)

Blah blah blah...
fact is that even the movie houses that they 'claim' are using Vue are not using it the way it's promised to work. Instead most create large single frame backdrops and then manipulate them in post...for this it's amazing.

But 7.5 does appear to be working so long as your goal is still to get layers into post and go from there.

lwaddict
06-15-2009, 02:43 PM
7.4 is still bug loaded.

7.5 works pretty well considered the history,
but now they've focused on world views and we're stuck with old problems.

There...that's the long and short of it at this time.

dvfx
07-28-2009, 12:13 PM

Vue 7.5 xStream....full of bugs, really slow support, crashes all the time, beta, IMO worth about a tenth of what they are charging!

Still waiting for a update patch....

If they dropped half of their "features" and focused on making a solid package it would be amazing.

lwaddict
07-29-2009, 07:52 AM
We've got it working on one system, on others it crashes and locks up a lot, true...

the worst part is how they completely fail to recognize their customer base, focusing on making more money through support packages and looking at new customers mostly...

well...word of mouth should be killing them by now.

and the ads about how this movie and that movie used the software, uh, hello?
even the articles talk about how they had to "Jerry rig" to get the shots.

I've yet to see a single article talking about how they fully used the integration of vue and another package, as promised on the box since 6.

I recommend just using the 99 dollar version, loading it up from Cornicopia, and using the matte tricks the pros are using... save a bundle in time AND money.

Shonner
07-30-2009, 02:19 AM
There's so many problems with Vue Infinite (5, 6, 7, 7.5). I'd be surprised if xStream ever works. I won't be "upgrading" anymore.