PDA

View Full Version : Enabling Hub in Mac LW 9.6 UB ?

Michael Lizak
04-03-2009, 11:42 AM
I've spent a half hour on this. Searched the forums. Your help would be appreciated.

rsfd
04-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Hello,
don't know if that helps, but usually the hub is starting as soon as you launch either Modeler or Layout (assuming your LW installation is a default setup - you may want to compare with the Download Guide: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94245 ).
If you didn't rename it or dragged it to another place, your problem should be an installation issue.
Also, check firewall settings (if you are using special setups here) or AntiVirus-Software (if you are using such).

Nick Hilligoss
04-28-2009, 01:28 AM
It starts automatically for me (Mac Pro dual Xeon Quad, OS X Leopard).
But it's a liability, causes bugs and replaces newer versions of objects with older ones, loses image maps, just not worth it. What I want to know is, how do I disable it?
As a temporary measure, I never have both Modeller and LW open at the same time.

Otterman
04-28-2009, 01:39 AM
Nick you can disable it by simply finding it in your lightwave apps folder and renaming it. I just put a * infront of it. Ive heard its pretty stable these days but because its been so flakey in the past-ive grown accustom to not using it.

Kuzey
04-28-2009, 05:03 AM
It starts automatically for me (Mac Pro dual Xeon Quad, OS X Leopard).
But it's a liability, causes bugs and replaces newer versions of objects with older ones, loses image maps, just not worth it. What I want to know is, how do I disable it?
As a temporary measure, I never have both Modeller and LW open at the same time.

You could just zip/archive it and delete the original.

Kuzey

Nick Hilligoss
04-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Thank you, Otterman and Kuzey!
I'll try re-naming it first, that seems easier to undo if I get any unexpected problems.

DrStrik9
05-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Dragging the Hub out of the Programs folder (CFM) also works fine. For UB, drag it INto a new folder (away from its default location).

The "approved" method, of course, is to make cmdLine files (using textedit), one for Layout and one for Modeler. (As of today, these apparently FAIL to work in the UB LW 9.6 version, but they DO work under the CFM version).

For details on disabling the Hub using cmdLine files, see page 20 of the Modeler 9 Manual (pdf). You can also use this to have LW automatically put your prefs files where you WANT them. :-)

Michael

Scazzino
05-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Dragging the Hub out of the Programs folder (CFM) also works fine. For UB, drag it INto a new folder (away from its default location).

The "approved" method, of course, is to make cmdLine files (using textedit), one for Layout and one for Modeler. (As of today, these apparently FAIL to work in the UB LW 9.6 version, but they DO work under the CFM version).

For details on disabling the Hub using cmdLine files, see page 20 of the Modeler 9 Manual (pdf). You can also use this to have LW automatically put your prefs files where you WANT them. :-)

Michael

Yes that's true for the CFM version of LightWave. The UB version however doesn't support command line files.

For the UB version you rename (or move, or zip) the hub to disable it.

To redirect your configs on the UB you make a new folder named Preferences inside the program folder (and place your License key file in there). Then a new set of configs will be created inside that folder.