PDA

View Full Version : anyone know how to fade PARTIGONS based on AGE?

hairy_llama
04-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Is there any way to fade partigons based on particle age? for spark effects.

OnlineRender
04-03-2009, 10:08 AM
set the there birth rate / life , or do what i do and use a colusion object to push the particles away . there a good tut from proton on rain , which might help , i think its the forum some where ,sorry couldnt help anymore

shrox
04-03-2009, 10:13 AM
You could try using gradients. It's pretty easy to do.

hairy_llama
04-03-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm using partigons, not particles with HyperVoxels... hypervoxles are easy to fade with gradients based on particle age, but I see no surfacing controls to fade partigons, other than fading the entire clump at one time, which does not work. Using a collision object to remove them from view will not work.... I thought at some time in the distant past I saw a feature/plugin that faded each partigon based off of its individual age... but I am failing to find it anywhere in hte interface now.

Nangleator
04-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Geez, partigons...

Maybe a spherical falloff from the emitter point?

Or is there some node surfacing trick... Is particle age anywhere in the nodes? Yes! Particle Info has Age and Relative Age. Apply that to a gradient node and right into Transparency and Luminosity.

hairy_llama
04-03-2009, 12:04 PM
yeah, I already tried that particle age info in nodes but it seems to only get the AVERAGE age, or the age of one particle.... or something. I plugged it directly into luminosity, what I got was ALL particles fading at the same time...

Any more ideas?

Nangleator
04-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Well, that should work. Looks like it's borked. Any reason you can't turn those partigons into tiny surface HVs? We know that works.

JBT27
04-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Well, that should work. Looks like it's borked. Any reason you can't turn those partigons into tiny surface HVs? We know that works.

Was about to suggest that - I think that IS the way with this.

Julian.

hairy_llama
04-03-2009, 12:24 PM
maybe... but I have already got the perfect settings for partigons: look at this project: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97201

I am simply shooting more shots of that scene, and at 1 hr/frame render time to test if the particles look any good with MB and in this scene it would cost me a lot of time to switch to HV's

hairy_llama
04-03-2009, 12:32 PM
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

I did not play enough before with the particleinfo node.

I just got it to work.

use RELATIVE AGE into a gradient, into your color/lum channel. Works GREAT!!! now I can create awesome sparks all day long :)

plus collision age etc is included in this tool. THANKS!