PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime AVI no longer supported [VT3]?

Reto
08-18-2003, 04:26 AM
Good Day Toasties.

I have a gripe.
Since installing betaforce3, i can no longer export AVI's from quicktime and playback directly on the TEdit timeline.

In Fact, the very action Crashes VT3 every time. Even thumbnail previews in the filebin crashes should my pointer hover over an 'enemy' avi.

I really liked that feature (it was one of the reasons to purchase VT3 (one of many true).

I need this feature back.
Any suggestions?

Kind Regards,
Reto.

ps: the expost was always done thru Quicktime 6.x to AVI, no compression.

Paul Lara
08-18-2003, 06:39 AM
If you'll either e-mail me a short clip, or provide a link where I can download it, I will give the file to Engineering for them to analyze why it's crashing and fix it.

bbeanan
08-18-2003, 09:43 AM
You know I had the same problem and it turned out that since Mainconcepts Code is now included in VT3 and I had the Codec already installed on my system, the system could not figure out which one to use. As soon as I uninstalled the Mainconcepts codec the files played just fine. (granted it took me 2 days during a gig and about 20 crashes to figure it out)

Reto
08-18-2003, 09:55 AM
Thank you bebeanan,

how do i uninstall the codec?
it's not listed in Add/Remove Apps.

r.

bbeanan
08-18-2003, 10:02 AM
It was mid gig after working 4- 20 hour days... but I think I tried to reinstall the codec and the option to uninstall was there..

Mike Watkins
08-18-2003, 05:25 PM
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9763