PDA

View Full Version : Skelegons in modeler > layout

Ty Catt
04-02-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm losing it!

If we created skelegons in Modeler, is there a trick to making it deform it's designated mesh in Layout?

I know we can create them directly in Layout, but this one was already done previously in Modeler.

I have the "to be deformed object" in the first layer in Modeler, the skelgons in the second, send it to Layout, add bones (via convert skelegons), enable deform and turn bones on, and nothing!.....??? In fact, if I create a quick skelegon in Layout, they work.

I'm lost on this one. Is there a trick with v9?

It's been a while with rigging for me, be gentle...:)

Tyler

bazsa73
04-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi,
-Select the object you want to be driven by the converted skelegons.
-change to bones('B')
-press 'p' (bone properties panel)
-up in the list choose use bones from... and there you select the layer with the skelegons, voilą!

daforum
04-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Yep, as Megalodon said put the skelegons in the same layer (inside the object) then when convert to skelegons in Layout the bones are parented to the mesh.

It's good when working with skelegons in Modeler to work in a seperate layer to the object so you can easily select and position them, but before you save and send to Layout cut and paste them into the same layer.

Ty Catt
04-03-2009, 07:28 AM
Thank you everyone!

I knew it would be a simple oversight.

Building them in Layout seems to be the way to go from now on.

Thanks, again!

Tyler

raw-m
04-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Hello Ty. Was looking for something similar not so long ago and picked up this tip (not sure point 1 applies to you). I think that point 2 is your skelegons layer. Hope it helps:

1.) Take your ribbon and make an endo morph of it. Move it in the direction it's intended to travel for the length it's intended to travel.

2.) In Layout, make a chain of bones for the ribbon indicating the path it travels.

3.) In a frame other than 0, straighten out all the bones. Then rest them to the ribbon. Then delete this new keyframe so they return back to the curvey position.

4.) Use MorphMixer to slide from the beginning to end. As the ribbon moves through the bones, it'll deform to follow them.