PDA

View Full Version : Some Type of Live Record to "Alpha"?

Quiet1onTheSet
04-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Would be terrific if there would be a way to quickly create motion overlays (i.e., for dynamic looking lower-third graphics), within LIVE PRODUCTION.

I believe there'd be need for a 4:2:2:2 codec to accommodate an alpha channel, to pull this off.

Or is there already a way to create animated graphics with alpha in TriCaster? If so, would really like to hear of it.

In my unsolicited, puny opinion, the idea of NewTek's adding MPEG2-I 4:2:2:2 as an additional, advanced record option for Alpha graphics sounds compelling.[/B] If NewTek is inclined to be a bit paranoid, about users inadvertently recording a whole show in that codec -- they could perhaps engineer the user interface so that can't happen.

Wait! Why not build for us, an "Alpha Clip Record" feature, - at least within TriCaster STUDIO and TriCaster BROADCAST models' left-most DDR?! Nod-nod, wink-wink, 'know what ah' mean?
:)

SBowie
04-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Would be terrific if there would be a way to quickly create motion overlays (i.e., for dynamic looking lower-third graphics), within LIVE PRODUCTION.I'm not sure there's a huge demand for building motion graphics on the fly during a live production, Peter. But anyway, 'capture with alpha' would require capturing two inputs simultaneously (a b&w alpha source and the full color source). I don't see this as likely in a TC any time soon. (And if you have both of those sources available, why wouldn't you create a single file with embedded alpha beforehand?)

Maybe I'm missing your point.

For pre-production, however, there are already some tools in TC that can be used to create motion graphics with alpha - notably in Edit Media. You can build elaborate composites that include scaling, positioning and flying moving video or animations around, and animated titles too - then export with an embedded alpha channel.

Calfrainbow
04-30-2009, 03:55 PM
I agree with the ogiginal poster It would be GREAT to get a Alpha out put of the Studio so you can make moving graphics easy. there are many flying out but not many flying in movements in the editor that does have the alpha out put. I can make my grafics fly in easy on the live bus and record it however I can not make it an ovelay 1/3 supper the movement in the edit media portion has no reverse capabilities lick curel /page turn I can make graphic peel out but not in can I key out the black in the editor and make a alpha channel render?? David

SBowie
04-30-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for - as I said "capture with alpha" would be kind of an oddball ... but you can certainly create and render overlays from recorded clips using the editor. I don't think I'd use luma keying myself, but choose some suitable color and use chromakeying in the editor.

1/3 supper the movement in the edit media portion has no reverse capabilities lick curel /page turnThat wording might benefit from a little polish (?), but re: reverse - there is another thread here that explains how to achieve it. A quick search for "reverse" should turn it up.

Zane Condren
04-30-2009, 08:16 PM
I think Calfrain is asking to have the capability to do transitions on overlays. Which if thats the case make sure you watch the TriCaster Model XD300 demo on May 7th at demo.newtek.com

MMI
04-30-2009, 09:17 PM
I believe that he's asking for the ability to use Digital Juice type motion backgrounds and elements in animated/motion lower thirds, side panels, etc., while providing the alpha channel to allow them to be used as overlays.

SBowie
04-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Maybe - what I believe is that an clearly phrased question would go a long way to saving time answering. ;)

Calfrainbow
05-14-2009, 11:56 AM
thank you for the input I am using the green cromakey as my method I still think it would be great if you could record the out put of Live as a alpha channel it would make creating moving graphics much easier