PDA

View Full Version : Swedish Lightwave artists?

Salv8or
04-02-2009, 04:01 AM
Hi, guys.

Iīm from sweden (as my profile says) and im just a bit curious on how many LW artist (proffesional and hobbyists) that is out there. I feel a bit alone and would realy like to know that there are more LW artist than me in sweden.
Most of the people I know in the area are 3d studio, Maya or XSI fellows.

So lets show thous guys that there are a lot of creative people from sweden in the Lightwave scene.

(hoping that there will be a storm of LW folks posting here)

//Salv8or

artstorm
04-02-2009, 08:43 AM
There is a few around... Take a look here, some have joined this group http://www.newtek.com/forums/group.php?groupid=4

Captain Obvious
04-02-2009, 10:20 AM
I guess there are a few of them over at Massive Entertainment. They use Lightwave and modo, I think. Cageman works there, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, I'm swedish, but I live in London nowadays.

prometheus
04-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Im ..here as a hobbyist Lightwaver..
Thereīs some of us for sure even if The studios and 3d markets are rarely using Lightwave as a tool.

We had a User meeting here in stockholm at the kulturhuset a couple years ago..gosh how times goes by.

Cageman is working for massive entertainment
walfridsson is doing sweet plugins for lightwave
and thereīs some more doing freelance jobs.

there are some companys working with lightwave partially..like assorted nuts
and thereīs bortbyting up way in north kiruna utilizing Lightwave.

you could check www.animate.se if you donīt know about it, there you kind find a long list of companys working in 3d biz in sweden, mostly 3d max& maya since they are recognized as the industris top standard software and are used mostly in market biz and in schools.

Lightwave is still being grunt at..wich is a shame, I have some contacts with others utilizing max for their 3d work in studios and they only smile with contempt and shy away unfortunatly, Cageman could probably give them a slap on the face thou:)

Michael

lillmagnus
04-08-2009, 03:45 AM
I'm Swedish. (If you southerners count Kiruna to be part of Sweden:)). And as prometheus said, we use Lightwave here.

Captain Obvious
04-08-2009, 02:36 PM
There's a CG studio in Kiruna? That's amazing! You got a website?

prometheus
04-09-2009, 01:25 AM
hereīs one in kiruna

http://www.bortbyting.com/

and thereīs even a spaceport rising up there in kiruna to:)

I wonder if it will turn in to possibilities for 3d illustration when the
Esrange and virgin galactic? starts doing space tourism.

I believe thereīs some plans for starting the first launhces somewhere between
two or three years from esrange.

Maybe there will be a need of illustrations showing rocket launches,spaceflights and overviews of the Esrange area.

exciting anyway.

Michael

Captain Obvious
04-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Haha, cool! Are you hiring? :p

*Pete*
04-10-2009, 07:33 AM
im a Finn, but i lived in Sweden some 20 or so years...most of my life, actually.

prometheus
04-10-2009, 09:13 AM
im a Finn, but i lived in Sweden some 20 or so years...most of my life, actually.

What? and now youre in Norway, common Pete!..Make up your mind:)
Whatīs next on your scandinavian road travel..Denmark? :)

Anyway..nice to see where the scandinavians are, I couldnīt see or smell that you were a swede too Captain Obvious. :)

Maybe Ill try and build an X-men 3d Cerebro style land and Lightwave user representation..so we could locate and pinpoint all of us, then we could all add and fill in where we are in that lightwave scene, then Itīs quite a big task to locate other Mutants not using Lightwave and hit the kill button.

Ohh captain obvious!..I need to get Hired first or expand my own money before expanding on my space journey with fellow lightwave-nauts.

Michael

*Pete*
04-10-2009, 02:16 PM
im unsure about my nationality, i feel much at home in all scandinavian nations, except iceland as i havent been there yet...if anyone asks my nationality i usually say that im an interscandinavian :D

walfridson
04-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Just a notice :) In the meatball club there's talks about an upcoming LW meeting this summer.

lillmagnus
04-23-2009, 07:42 AM
I don't think there will be much work from Virgin or Esrange, they tend to look for people from out of town.

But we have some other fun projects that might be ready for production early next year. Then we will also be looking for some skilled people.