PDA

View Full Version : FBX export and UV problem

Toonwonder
04-01-2009, 01:39 PM
I submitted a bug report (21872) about this but wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem:

When I export a mesh with skelegons to FBX from Modeler, the UV stays intact but there are no bones (I assume skelegons will not read as bones).

When I export a mesh with bones to FBX from Layout, the UV is not intact (is not transfered) but the bones are read.

I have tested both FBX exports in 2 applications(Motionbuider 2009 and Modo 302).

My main goal is to read both bones and UVs in Motionbuilder. In fact, since I not only need bones but also need to meet the MB bone heiarchy requirement (the hip bone is the ultimate Parent), I need the export to come from Layout so that I can use scene editor for the heiarchy change.

Can anyone help me with this? Any information is appreciated.:)

Toonwonder
04-07-2009, 03:43 PM
So far, nothing has been done. As of today, I was told that if this bug gets fixed it will be done within CORE.

To be honest, I would hope this would not be the case. It would not be right to require customers to pay more money inorder to fix a plugin they said was working with 9.6. Hopefully Newtek is monitoring this thread and will understand the issue. Please just fix and update the plugin so we can move forward.