PDA

View Full Version : Change background Layer Wireframe color

THREEL
04-01-2009, 12:19 PM
The thread's title says it all. Is there a way to change the wire frame color of the background layer. I'm not talking about the background color, or sketch color. I've got that covered. I'm talking about the wire frame color when it's in the background.

Right now, the BG wire frame color shows up as black in modeler. I don't know if it's my monitor going bad, or the lighting in my office, or a little of both, but it's very difficult to see.

BTW--I'm running :lwicon: 8.5.

tHANX!

JeffrySG
04-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Not that I know of, but you could always alter the color of the background to make the BG wires easier to see. ? ..

THREEL
04-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Not that I know of, but you could always alter the color of the background to make the BG wires easier to see. ? ..

tHANX Jeffry!

I'll have to check that out. I've gotten use to the background colors the way they are, but I'll give it a try and see what happens. You think that you'd have that option, since you can change the sketch color. I'm having a hard time reading the text on things like the Statics dialogue box as well. It seems worse in the day time with the sun shining through the curtains. The brightness and contrast are cranked up all the way. I may have to break down and get another monitor :compbeati.

JeffrySG
04-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Al, you can also add a backdrop image to just that viewport. Make it a color that contrasts with the black lines.

I really hope there are many more options regarding this stuff in CORE. This has always bugged me a bit while modeling in LW. I also like to be able to have a layer as smooth shaded but but transparent and locked. But you can't really do that in LW now either. Much room for improvement on this topic.

THREEL
04-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Al, you can also add a backdrop image to just that viewport. Make it a color that contrasts with the black lines.

I really hope there are many more options regarding this stuff in CORE. This has always bugged me a bit while modeling in LW. I also like to be able to have a layer as smooth shaded but but transparent and locked. But you can't really do that in LW now either. Much room for improvement on this topic.

:agree:

Changing the BG color of the view ports to just a different shade of gray really helped. You have to go to Display Options>Viewports, and then, Rendering Style: Colored Wireframe and check the box beside Independent BG color to make it work, though.

tHANX again, Jeffry!

4dartist
11-08-2016, 01:57 PM
So over 7 years later. Anyone stumble upon a way to change the background layer's wireframe color or transparency? Changing the background color isn't helping, even when the wireframe is in front of my geometry, it's just too overpowering. I need it to be 50% transparent. A lighter color may help, but i have a feeling it would still be taking too much attention. I want to really see my mesh topology, but the dang black wireframes are just blocking my vision.

jeric_synergy
11-08-2016, 06:10 PM
So over 7 years later. Anyone stumble upon a way to change the background layer's wireframe color or transparency? Changing the background color isn't helping, even when the wireframe is in front of my geometry, it's just too overpowering. I need it to be 50% transparent. A lighter color may help, but i have a feeling it would still be taking too much attention. I want to really see my mesh topology, but the dang black wireframes are just blocking my vision.

Yep. Under DISPLAY OPTIONS/INTERFACE/CUSTOMIZE INTERFACE COLOR, you can set the BG OGL MESH color to anything..... BUT, you must also close and relaunch modeler.

Here I've set it to bright purple:

Here's where it is changed:

4dartist
11-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Yep.

Thanks so much! It'll really ease up on my eyes.

7 years from now hopefully I'll be able to make them slightly transparent! :)