PDA

View Full Version : Ozone 4 Open Beta free download!

prometheus
04-01-2009, 10:32 AM
E-on software atmospheric plugin for lightwave 9.3-9.6 and other apps.

new ozone 4 version is about to coming and the open beta is available for free download, without any limits it seems, except your now allowed to use it when it becomes commercially available.

more info and free download over here

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/ozone/ozone_4.0/

Michael

beverins
04-01-2009, 11:09 AM
E-on is a very strange company. They do really cool stuff like this now and again, then in other areas they give their users the smackdown.

prometheus
04-01-2009, 11:31 AM
E-on is a very strange company. They do really cool stuff like this now and again, then in other areas they give their users the smackdown.

Im more concerned of how flexible ozone 4 is, and how tweakable.
the last demo version I tested was 3.0 and I didnīt think it was up to the job, there was no way of edititing the material itīself (function editor) as in vue and the special tab cloud scale,roughness and detail parameters wasnīt there either, so there was quite a difference between controlability between vues spectral atmosphere and ozone 3.

I will test it these upcoming hours and see if they managed to implement these controls in ozone as they are in vue..otherwise Im not sure I would continue with it.

renderspeed and interaction with lw objects seemed not to work properly ozone 3 too.

Itīs gonna be interesting to check out how the clouds look with the new algorithms based upon whatīs in vue 7 thou.
and if it works okay with stuff like hypervoxels(itīs supposed to) that can come in handy since therés no other good way of getting airplane smoke being obscured by clouds when the plane moves through it only using vue and lightwave and comping.

Im not sure if ozone 3 could handle created atmosphere from vue, well this ozone 4 is supposed to do that, so even if it isnīt that fully controllable as in vue..you could always use vue to create it there first..
but of course that requires vue 7 aswell.

Michael

cresshead
04-01-2009, 11:39 AM
does this actually work inside the host app oris it a linked/import/export thing?

prometheus
04-01-2009, 02:26 PM
does this actually work inside the host app oris it a linked/import/export thing?

ozone 4 works inside of lightwave 9.3 up to 9.6

you donīt have to have vue at all for it to work.

Ivīe just been doing some test for an hour or so..and itīs great that you can render without resolution limit ..and thereīs no watermark as the previous 3.0 demo

Godrays are working fine..

however I noticed that once you added the plugin and add in the volumetric options..you canīt open it from there..have to go to plugins additional and select different commands that really doesnīt show what they do..a little tricky, But beware I just started it without reading the manual..so I have to get back on that, also Itīs a free beta version wich is
wonderful done by e-on and perhaps serves them well..I will send them my feedback and suggestions.

also..Itīs what I thought about some missing controls..the special cloud scale,rougness,detail tab isnīt available in ozone..only in vue it seems..and it seems that you canīt alter the clouds function as you can in vue.

Another thing is that the previewer doesnīt seem to be scalable so you have a small previewer that can be hard to see the clouds in while tweaking, in vue I usally scale the previewer up pretty big.

Have to check if thereīs some setting in there to change it..
otherwise..you can save and load atmospheres..and it comes with some presets...there are some preferences I havenīt gone through yet.

Michael

Michael

prometheus
04-01-2009, 02:44 PM
heres a sample pic from the free ozone 4 beta, just a basic spectral godray atmos..but I changed the air properties..however I could tweak the clouds to much better looking, especially if It were inside of vue..since ozone is lacking some control.

have to check how the light affects lightwave objects etc and if objects will block out the godrays or not, donīt think so thou.

Unfortunatly My comp have been giving me hard time,it freezes sometimes a couple of times per day, and a hard drive failure, so I Havenīt set it up for internet yet, just a basic install with lw, have to recover harddrive data before everything else.
so Im swapping things between that machine and this oldie machine. otherwise I could have render out much more and show you.

Edit..well itīs a preview render..I think I could get the grain away,buy improving render quality, still the atmosphere quality was quite high..around 4 I think, probably need more.
Ohh..I forgot the render time..not sure if it was 10 or 15 minutes or something..maybe faster..huhh...have to render again.
anyone know of how to recall those renderdata? if possible?

Michael

Phil
04-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Ozone 4's biggest feature change is that now, in both Maya and LW, it integrates properly into the volumetric system. That means that you can use it with any volumetric plugins and it should shade them appropriately. This gotcha with 3.x hurt me when HDinstance objects poking through Ozone effects were unattenuated by fog, etc. I think this alone is good value for the upgrade, but the really sweetener is the licensing change. Per-machine, rather than per-app and per-machine. That's quite reasonable to my mind. I'd naturally prefer to have the free render node approach that we have all come to know and love, but this move by e-on is definitely something I appreciate.

I'm still giving it a run through. Testing with Maya, thanks to the new per-machine license, mental ray smokes the software render by an order of magnitude on my quick tests. I've not checked to see how different the render times are between Maya and LW yet.

prometheus
04-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Glad to see someone testing it on other software too phil:)

clouds seems to obscuring object aswell..a test with a high mountain (geometry displaced by procedurals) and at the mountain top the clouds are covering the top..so far so good.

gonna check if I have the time to pull in airplane on fire with hypervoxels, damn..I had such scene prepared but it is on my corrupt harddrive.

However..doing this kind of volumetric stuff, it takes time to render.
Ive noticed that the spectral clouds 2 seems much slower, they do seem to have that nicer billow/perlin thickness detail that ive missed before, they also seem to be harder to get godrays from aswell.

the main thing that annoys me is that itīs to hard to see the clouds when tweaking in the previewer, thatīs what makes it much easier in vue plus the previewer in vue is faster aswell.

and some minus for that it is missing advanced cloud control , scale detail,roghness,variance and controlling turbulence,origin and rotation.

when they fix the previewer and that..It will start to look like something..
Metaclouds are missing too...would be nice if we actually could adapt the metacloud material technology and use it on any sculpted or displaced geometry..that would even be better than simple vue metaspheres.

Michael

JeffrySG
04-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Does anyone know how long the open beta will work? Also, does anyone know how much it will cost? I can't find a cost for it or for v3 on their website.

Phil
04-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Glad to see someone testing it on other software too phil:)

clouds seems to obscuring object aswell..a test with a high mountain (geometry displaced by procedurals) and at the mountain top the clouds are covering the top..so far so good.

gonna check if I have the time to pull in airplane on fire with hypervoxels, damn..I had such scene prepared but it is on my corrupt harddrive.

However..doing this kind of volumetric stuff, it takes time to render.
Ive noticed that the spectral clouds 2 seems much slower, they do seem to have that nicer billow/perlin thickness detail that ive missed before, they also seem to be harder to get godrays from aswell.

the main thing that annoys me is that itīs to hard to see the clouds when tweaking in the previewer, thatīs what makes it much easier in vue plus the previewer in vue is faster aswell.

and some minus for that it is missing advanced cloud control , scale detail,roghness,variance and controlling turbulence,origin and rotation.

when they fix the previewer and that..It will start to look like something..
Metaclouds are missing too...would be nice if we actually could adapt the metacloud material technology and use it on any sculpted or displaced geometry..that would even be better than simple vue metaspheres.

Michael

I don't have a reference in Vue 7 because e-on screwed up the PLE on Mac so that no host apps can work with it - they fail to find the necessary files. Finding this out first-hand, I trashed the install and the installer. I'm uncertain if they have fixed this, and haven't re-downloaded to find out. It would be interesting, therefore, to see a screenshot of the atmosphere editor in Vue 7. I can then engage nag-mode to see if they intend to implement these features or not :)

Phil
04-01-2009, 04:19 PM
anyone know of how to recall those renderdata? if possible?

Michael

Depends if there's any metadata in the image - LW started putting this in recently, including render time in seconds.

zapper1998
04-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Have OZONE 3 registered
downloaded ozone 4
will try it later..
Renderdata is in the jpg images i beleive..

prometheus
04-01-2009, 04:44 PM
I don't have a reference in Vue 7 because e-on screwed up the PLE on Mac so that no host apps can work with it - they fail to find the necessary files. Finding this out first-hand, I trashed the install and the installer. I'm uncertain if they have fixed this, and haven't re-downloaded to find out. It would be interesting, therefore, to see a screenshot of the atmosphere editor in Vue 7. I can then engage nag-mode to see if they intend to implement these features or not :)

well I havenīt downloaded the vue 7ple still..have to fix my machine properly first before starting to install all the software again.

but I reckon the vue atmosphere editor isnīt that much different from vue 6 wich I have..but that one is out of business since its on my corrupt harddrive..that Im trying to recover all my 3d stuff from.

I believe the main difference is the new lighting algoritms and the new spectral 2 clouds, but that is probably just noticable in rendering and not in some new types of control tabs..except for those cloud sharpness sliders, and feather slider and those exists inside of ozone 4.

Very strange thou why they have left the other cloud scalar detail,roughness and variations out, they probably have some difficulties of getting the material editor to work inside other apps because that is where those controls are located (in the color& density and lighting& effects tab)

Michael

Phil
04-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Render times are interesting for the jalaima preset at 640x480 with the Ozone Main_Camera :

LW 9.6, 2 threads : 6m 38s
Maya 2009SP1 Software Renderer : 7m 17s
Maya 2009SP1 Mental Ray : 0m 54s

There's something very strange going on.

OlaHaldor
04-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Are you F-ing kidding me?! less than a minute for the last one? I did some test on my early '08 8-core Mac Pro. It made up a render in 640x360 from a preset "cold fronts" or something, and it took about 14 minutes..!

Also, I can't move the camera around. Did you guys notice this? I move the camera in the Y axis, thinking I'd be able to go above the clouds - but no - all it did was make the scene darker, as if the sun went below the horizon. As I figured that much, I moved the camera below 0 in the Y axis, and heck yeah - the lighting was as if the sun was at it's brightest. Monkey business if you ask me.. Even Ozone 3 could do this, even though the clouds were flat and not interesting at all like you'd expect, thinking I'd finally be able to do those incredibly cool flight renders.

prometheus
04-01-2009, 06:40 PM
OlaHaldor!

moving the camera up to look down at the clouds works fine here.

Phil..isnīt that the jaisalmer preset you mean?

and huhh..I donīt know if it is the preset atmosph..or if I happened to change anything in the lw render setup..but that simple preset would take me hours..something wrong here.

Michael

prometheus
04-01-2009, 07:03 PM
ehh..I think I had the lightwave raymarcher option active when testing radiosity so that was probably slowing it down..have to test again..
Ohh..and havenīt figured out the radiosity global illumination yet, back to the manual.

and ehh..I think I also managed to get it render black by moving the camera..but I checked the render options and it had turned of the render ozone scene and sky and atmophere..strange I didnīt do it manually anyway, but that could be why it renders black perhaps.

Michael

Phil
04-02-2009, 02:04 AM
There's a bug in Ozone 4 regarding the render Vue scene setting - it's always switched to off when loading in a pre-existing Ozone 3 scene. I haven't seen this happen with scenes built with Ozone 4.

Phil
04-02-2009, 02:05 AM
OlaHaldor!

Phil..isnīt that the jaisalmer preset you mean?

and huhh..I donīt know if it is the preset atmosph..or if I happened to change anything in the lw render setup..but that simple preset would take me hours..something wrong here.

Michael

It is - I typed from memory and got the preset name wrong. i left all settings in Ozone 4 as automatic, in all tests.

phoenixstudios
04-02-2009, 09:50 AM
hi there all, first time caller. i got here thru google looking for Ozone4 beta help; the install on my macs went well but C4D does not see the plugin. Do u think it does any good posting this problem here? E-On support said they would get back to me, but had no idea. I was really excited when I saw this, as an ex VUE user. Great idea, but so far no go...
jig

phoenixstudios
04-02-2009, 10:01 AM
x

hunter
04-02-2009, 02:15 PM
however I noticed that once you added the plugin and add in the volumetric options..you canīt open it from there..have to go to plugins additional and select different commands that really doesnīt show what they do..a little tricky, But beware I just started it without reading the manual..so I have to get back on that, also Itīs a free beta version wich is
wonderful done by e-on and perhaps serves them well..I will send them my feedback and suggestions.

There is a Lightwave menu branch included in the Ozone programs folder you can use to import the tab to layout. Makes more sense than what you see in the "Additional" menu.

BigHache
04-02-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm downloading now as I'm interested to see if this would be a good solution for a project I'm working on. Thanks for the link!

OlaHaldor
04-02-2009, 07:11 PM
OlaHaldor!

It sure did, but not with the camera Ozone created. I had to use the existing camera in order to fly through the atmosphere correctly. I've just set up a 2048x1024 render with some radiosity going on - hopefully it will look hot in the morning whenever it's done.

I managed to get some decent render times using tops 5-10 AA passes and a 400K+ polygon car. 15-20 minutes for Ozone, radiosity, awesome reflections and shadows. Can't wait till my jaw drops tomorrow morning. If it doesn't, I guess it's due to bad camera settings. AA and those things aren't my cup. Yet.

Good night, sleep tight! Don't let the COREBugs bite :thumbsup:

OlaHaldor
04-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Darn, still working.... I know the settings might not be all that WOW, but I knew it would take ages.. so they're really just for testing and fun. :D

shrox
04-03-2009, 07:55 AM
It's not coming through for me. I jumped through all their hoops, and no email to go and download.

OlaHaldor
04-03-2009, 11:47 AM
The third segment was "only" two hours, so total time was about 15 hours in total. tooo long..

But the sky looks good though.

borkus
04-03-2009, 11:52 AM
That scene looks amazing. But, yeah. 15 hours...

OlaHaldor
04-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Óh shoot, forgot to upload the settings.. Guess it would be loads of times faster if I just rendered the sky first and applied it as an image instead.

The image above is straight from LW btw - I'm impressed.. !

prometheus
04-03-2009, 12:43 PM
vue and lightwave is two different animals for sure, Ill bet just having the car and render in vue would be way faster, but it depends on,
Lightwaves global illumination is supposed to be faster I guess And of a better quality, but this seems more to be the case of using images as backgrounds, when using volumetrics it seems that doing it inside of vue would be way faster, quality vice Im not sure thou.

Michael

JMCarrigan
04-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Mind if I ask what is used for an infinite plane In Lightwave?

BigHache
04-03-2009, 01:22 PM
new ozone 4 version is about to coming and the open beta is available for free download, without any limits it seems, except your now allowed to use it when it becomes commercially available.
Just be sure to read through the EULA, as it stipulates that if you do in fact use the open beta commercially, you are agreeing to purchase the full version as soon as it's available.

I got it downloaded and installed and will run some tests this weekend. I initially had a "cannot connect with dll" error, possible due to my having Ozone3 PLE installed as well. I uninstalled both then re-installed 4 open beta and worked fine.

OlaHaldor
04-03-2009, 01:28 PM
You bet I'm gonna get Ozone 4! The clouds looks much better than the cartoonish crap in Ozone 3

JMCarrigan
04-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Probably just any ground plane at the right angle. I notice the haze takes care of infinity.

prometheus
04-03-2009, 03:30 PM
The third segment was "only" two hours, so total time was about 15 hours in total. tooo long..

But the sky looks good though.

Using the volumetric clouds together with clobal illumination that way might be unecessary in the workflow perhaps, render the sky out as image and use that.

In vue however, you could very easy tweak the sun position and global illumination with almost instant preview to see very fast and get the lighting you want, since it has its previewer to view everything, thatīs no option in ozone or in lightwave, (except waiting for long renders)
Edit...now that fprime seems to be doing voxels preview..wouldnīt it be nice if it could work with ozone:)

however for more advanced animation where a plane are moving through clouds it might be necessary to use global illumination with volumetrics.

havent tried ozone out any more thou..cause of comp problems, I sure would like to put some planes and smoke voxels in there to test how voxels
look behind and together with the clouds.

Michael

Andyjaggy
04-03-2009, 03:38 PM
The rendering with Vue inside of Lightwave has always been been about 10X slower then inside of Vue standalone. I came to the conclusions to either render it all in Vue, or composite it together.

http://www.andysportfolio.com/external-images/airline/airline.mov

The previous clouds were rendered at 3 minutes a frame inside of Vue standalone. They took like 45 minutes when I tried them in Lightwave.

OlaHaldor
04-03-2009, 04:24 PM
now that fprime seems to be doing voxels preview..wouldnīt it be nice if it could work with ozone:)

Well, if fPrime 3 at all would work with Mac UB.........

Cageman
04-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Been doodling around with Ozone4 in LW9.6 and... well.. it's too slow to be usable for me. If you have huge renderfarm (100+ machines) I see no problems with renders taking up to 5 hours/frame, but...well... it's really too slow.

The idea and implementation seems very nice though, so that is really positive.

Cageman
04-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Does anyone know how long the open beta will work? Also, does anyone know how much it will cost? I can't find a cost for it or for v3 on their website.

According to the information I read was that the OB will work forever and that it is OK to use the OB-version in real production. However, after the release date, you should pay for it if you want to use it.

OlaHaldor
04-03-2009, 10:01 PM
I've been playing a little more with it. I set the GI multiplier down to about 30% and added an Area Light with 10-15% strength - and geeeee... The render times were reduced like a zillion times. At half the size of the previous render, 1000x500px, it used about 15-20 minutes. Shadows etc looked nice too.

I've set the Mac to render a 1920x1200px image with 50% GI multiplier and the Area Light in place - looks good so far, though quite slow with just an increase in resolution like that.

Anyone have Kray? I'm gonna get it asap whenever there's some extra money left on the VISA - would appreciate if anyone could test Kray with Ozone !

BigHache
04-03-2009, 10:38 PM
According to the information I read was that the OB will work forever and that it is OK to use the OB-version in real production. However, after the release date, you should pay for it if you want to use it.
I believe it also read that once it was released you agree to cease using the open beta. I also found no information showing that it would just stop working though.

Cageman
04-03-2009, 10:44 PM
What exactly is ray marching evaluation? :)

I just did a testrender with one of the godray presets, and with ray marching evaluation the 320x240 render took 38 minutes!

If I disable ray marching evaluation the same image takes 36 seconds.

dballesg
04-04-2009, 02:30 AM

I just did a testrender with one of the godray presets, and with ray marching evaluation the 320x240 render took 38 minutes!

If I disable ray marching evaluation the same image takes 36 seconds.

Hi Mikael,

RayMarching Evaluation it is only useful if you are mixing Ozone or xStream with other volumetrics effects like FiberFX (on volume mode) and hypervoxels).

From xStream manual:

LightWave Specific
Use ray marching evaluation: check this option to enable the blending of several volumetric shaders in your LightWave scene. For instance, if you use HyperVoxels and xStream, turn this option on. You may have to enable a similar option in your other volumetric shader. Please refer to the documentation of the shader to know how to do this. This option is only compatible with Spectral and Volumetric atmospheres.

David

prometheus
04-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Been doodling around with Ozone4 in LW9.6 and... well.. it's too slow to be usable for me. If you have huge renderfarm (100+ machines) I see no problems with renders taking up to 5 hours/frame, but...well... it's really too slow.

The idea and implementation seems very nice though, so that is really positive.

Agreed..it still feels kinda slow, when talking about the render, and even in preview render mode.

The Atmosphere preview render in the ozone tab is ofcourse little faster, impossible to tweak clouds otherwise, but itīs considerable slower than vues own internal atmosphere preview render.

Also tweaking the sky in vues preview render is pretty easy since I can scale the previewer up seamlessly to almost three times bigger than the ozone previewer and it still will preview faster and I can actually see when Im doing small small changes in cloud detail, wich is harder to see in ozone preview.

Ill send them some suggestions about improving the previewer, and
if they can find a solution for faster render times.
Ohh. and the cloud materials density and lighting and effect must be in there I think, Kinda akward when you canīt shape and change the density as you want.

Generally I mostly clear the density function since they are based on in my opinion very poor noise functions not designed for clouds as terragens are and as some of lightwaves cloud procedurals, I tend to simply control the density with the filter instead and the detail scale and roughness tab, that gives a more natural cloud look I think, but those tabs arenīt available in ozone.

Ahh..and Im still voting for a metacoud material to put on sculpted or displaced meshes, for full control to sculpt your cumulonimbus exactly the shape you want and to place them exactly where you want.

Metacloud spheres is a start but hard to move around a lot of spheres to get what you want.

Edit..oh.raymarching..does this mean that hypervoxels donīt work without it?..huh would be practical useless in that case with those rendertimes.

canīt really test it right now..hardware issues.

Michael

Titus
04-04-2009, 11:08 AM

It's a brute force method for volume rendering.

3DGFXStudios
04-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Does vue7 Xstream have the same clouds as Ozone 4?

Andyjaggy
04-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Yes, it's the same system.

prometheus
04-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Dont have vue 7 xstream, but Im pretty sure they are the same, some of the clouds in ozone 4 is based on the same vue 7 spectral 2 clouds and atmosphere.
You donīt have the ability to control clouds in ozone 4 such as density distribution, because thats in the clouds material editor/function editor and ozone is still lacking that, so rotation and adding turbulence and detail scale and roughness isnīt there.

You could of course create the clouds and skys in vue 7 and ozone 4 should be able to read it.

Michael

dballesg
04-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Does vue7 Xstream have the same clouds as Ozone 4?

I will say even better, because on xStream or Vue Infinite, you have Metaclouds as well, basically a cloud make of metaballs. And those are editable to each sphere position.

David

prometheus
04-05-2009, 08:29 AM
I will say even better, because on xStream or Vue Infinite, you have Metaclouds as well, basically a cloud make of metaballs. And those are editable to each sphere position.

David

I wouldnīt call it better,(but I get what you mean) we are talking about spectral clouds here and they are the same, except for what I mentioned about lack of control.

Meta clouds are something else, but sure..overall you have so much more in vue 7, and I would be happy if they could pull that of in ozone to, but I would be able to apply metacloud material on any sculpted/displaced geometry instead of only spheres if possible.

Michael

3DGFXStudios
04-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Cool....but can I also make oceans with ozone4 or do I need xstream for that???

prometheus
04-05-2009, 08:40 AM
oh, a side note about Metaclouds in Vue 6/7

Metacloud is a material applied on spheres called Metaspheres and metacloud material canīt be applied on anything else,
and they arenīt actually somekind of metaballs in that meaning that they donīt blend as metaballs are supposed to, that becomes clear when you are having two spheres next to each other, they simply wonīt blend between with that typical bridge thus giving a connected volume, they do however look pretty good when talking about the material blend itself.

Edit..another option to create clouds in vue, is to use volumetric material and that can be applied on any geometry, but the volumetric material isnīt the same and hasnīt got all the nice light and shadow settings as Metacloud material

Michael

prometheus
04-05-2009, 08:47 AM
Cool....but can I also make oceans with ozone4 or do I need xstream for that???

no you canīt make oceans with ozone 4, vue infinite or xstream for that, or
simply do the ocean in lightwave, wich does a very good job at that if you
know how to.
actually you would in the end have more control to the ocean in lightwave and a better opengl representation.

ozone atmosphere will surely reflect well thou.

same goes for vegetation, but harder to do that in lightwave.

Michael

3DGFXStudios
04-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Are there any Vue menu presets? I now get these _CMD167 kind of buttons. It's a little hard to make up what they do!? mmm???

3DGFXStudios
04-05-2009, 10:01 AM
for Vue7 and Ozone4?

dballesg
04-05-2009, 11:38 AM
I am sure there is a menu you can load on Vue xStream 7. It is in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\e-on software\Vue 7 xStream\Environment\xStream\lightwave 9\

It is called Vue7xStream_Menus.cfg

But I am not sure about Ozone

David

3DGFXStudios
04-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Ah many thnx for that!!! I looked for something like that but I couldn't find it. Now I'm happy again! ;)

OlaHaldor
04-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Is there anyone with Kray and Ozone at all? Or am I just really messed up in my head to try that?

bobakabob
04-06-2009, 06:56 PM
It's ridiculously good... goodbye Skytracer. Some stunning presetsand everything seems to work (I installed the LW 9.3 version) :cool:

Eagle66
04-10-2009, 01:16 PM
The rendering with Vue inside of Lightwave has always been been about 10X slower then inside of Vue standalone. I came to the conclusions to either render it all in Vue, or composite it together.

http://www....

The previous clouds were rendered at 3 minutes a frame inside of Vue standalone. They took like 45 minutes when I tried them in Lightwave.

Yes, the rendertime is very poor in LW9.6 - i also have 8x to 10X slower then inside of Vue standalone - is this a LW problem :stumped:

Andyjaggy
04-10-2009, 01:19 PM
No I think it's like that in every application. I mean I would expect it to be slower but not as slow as it is.

EmperorPete
04-13-2009, 12:00 PM
The results are utterly beautiful. But... is anyone else having odd problems with the camera changing position & resolution after loading in an atmosphere, or when loading in a scene that has Ozone in it? It's driving me nuts.
(running in LW9.6, on XP Pro 32)

OlaHaldor
04-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Create a new camera, and leave the ozone camera alone. :)

4dartist
06-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Yes, the rendertime is very poor in LW9.6 - i also have 8x to 10X slower then inside of Vue standalone - is this a LW problem :stumped:

This is in Ozone 4?

We were thinking of buying Ozone 4 for LW 9.6, but I'm having second thoughts. All of our work is in HD, and I fear the render times would be just insane..

lwaddict
06-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Much faster if you just bite the bullet and get Vue 7.5,
WHICH by the way, is finally working pretty well with LW 9.6.

Don't know how it'll go with CORE but hey, use that dongle on one system for 9.6
and another for CORE right? :)