PDA

View Full Version : SecondLife

gjones
04-01-2009, 04:25 AM
Secondlife seems to have got a whole lot better in the last few years! Awesome what can be done and who is "in world" now.

Has anyone got experience of making models in LW and exporting into SecondLife? I believe D-Storm do one but I could not find their "decoder" software in Secondlife so drew a blank. Any advice and help gratefully received!

Thanks

Gavin

pming
04-01-2009, 04:46 AM
Hiya.

Not sure about Lightwave, but Hexagon (v2.5; the latest) has native support for Second Life models. Hexagon is purely a modeler/uv/texturer...no rendering (other than quick AO) and no animation, etc. It was created by Eovia...which got bought out; half by DAZ 3D and half by e-onsoftware (I think). DAZ 3D got the Hexagon software. I really enjoy modeling in Hex, but try the demo first....Hex is buggy for some people. Fine for me, never really had many problems, but others have some nasty horror stories.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

gjones
04-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks Paul,
Maybe I can just export Lightwave models to Hexagon and then export from there to Secondlife. Do you have Experience of exporting Hexagon Models to SecondLife?