PDA

View Full Version : Autodesk Acquires CORE !

LW3D
04-01-2009, 03:45 AM
Some of you might have seen the press release or visited the website (below). Yes it's true, we have now acquired the products and many of the people from NevvTek. There are probably a lot of questions around this that you all want to ask, but let me start by saying that the acquisition has not closed and that we're not allowed to discuss plans with CORE until the deal closes. This means that it is "business as usual" until we can get a chance to have the discussions and do the planning for all the products involved in this transaction. You have to realize that the majority of M&E people just learned of this deal at the same time as you did, so you'll have to excuse us if we don't have all the answers right now.

Press Release (http://tinyurl.com/2ht3po)

http://area.autodesk.com/index.php/blogs_ken/blog_detail/announcement_CORE_Thor/

zapper1998
04-01-2009, 03:46 AM
hahahahahahaha

DiedonD
04-01-2009, 04:12 AM
They sold themselves to cheap too! ;)

Anyway I was expecting someone to open up such a thread about April Fools day. Thus we can tell of the worst April Fool jokes done to you, or you to others :D

Mine are a bit too viscious mind you!

So I was a new father. And our baby was a bit coughing in winter. Beeing the new dad, I was constantly worrying about him, when all of a sudden I had THEE call:

COME URGENTLY, the FEVER HAS BECOME 41C

Panicking I rushed to the inlaws, only to figure out that it was April the first! :D

But I mean, who wouldnt fall for that one?! :)

But the worst April Fool joke comes from our most neutral and otherwise very serious newspaper, Koha Ditore, that when translated would be the Daily Times.

Anyway, few years back when we werent independent yet, there was a position for The United Nations Mission in Kosova Administrative Officer. And the newspaper said that the next one in order will be Russias Prime Minister himself!!

And that, that was a compromise after intense negotiations between US and Russia, and the compromise was that the deputy of UNMIK Administrator of Kosova would be US Special Envoy Richard Holbrooke!

Man, it mustve fooled like milions, before going with a 'Aprilililiii', which is a word to tell you that youve been fooled for April the 1st :D

Red_Oddity
04-01-2009, 05:34 AM
Ooooh, that's so funny, i have never seen a fake press release on april 1st before.
<sarcasm off>

please let this day end soon.

cresshead
04-01-2009, 05:42 AM
if it were 'newtek' that got purchased i'd have believed it for more than a second!

A Mejias
04-01-2009, 07:42 AM
bah! links not working. :p

IMI
04-01-2009, 07:53 AM
All I get is a blank page - no text. Is that the joke? ;)

mattclary
04-01-2009, 10:27 AM
COME URGENTLY, the FEVER HAS BECOME 41C

Panicking I rushed to the inlaws, only to figure out that it was April the first!

But I mean, who wouldnt fall for that one?! :)

OK, that's not even funny. Why didn't they just say the baby was crushed under a bus and go for the big laughs? :thumbsdow

DiedonD
04-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Right. Ill be interpreting now ...

The star of Hollywood, Tom Cruise, now has learned albanian, since in his newest movie "The Freedom Fighter", the premiere of which will be done on this Saturday in Los Angeles, he plays no other than the now Prime Minister of Kosova - Hashim Thaqi

The movie has been captured in complete secrecy in the summer of last year, in Kosova, Albania, Switzerland and France, tells about the life and deeds of Thaqi during the period of 1998-1999, during the war in Kosova and the Rambuillet conference (France)

Appart from Cruise, in the actors crew, theres also Barbara Stresiend, playing the role of the then Secretary of State Madeline Albright, John Travolta plays Bill Clinton again, and Roberto Bengini (I really dont know who this guy is?) plays the role of the President of Kosova that has passed away, Ibrahim Rougova.

The movie is a product of a famous film making house "Dreamworks" of the famous director, Steven Spielberg, while co-producer is James Rubin, that was once vice secretary of USA during the war of Kosova, which did made this news public on the famous movie magasine "Variety"

"During the conference in Ramboillet, I had promised Mr. Thaqi (he really did said something about making a movie about Thaqi in one of his speeches) that I will be involved in making a movie about him in Hollywood, and here it is, with a considerable delay, but not that long nevertheless, I have fulfilled my promise", said Rubin, while adding that all this was possible based mostly on Spielbergs good will, and his partner George Lucas, which is a crossover between films "Indiana Jones", 'Star Wars" and "E.T".

The actor himself in the main role, Cruise, said that after the movie "Valkyrie", that tells about a story taken from WW2, was very interested to play another movie with a war story from Europe.

"Kosova looks like a natural solution. And am very happy that I had the opportunity to learn the albanian language aswell", said Cruise, that it is been said now that is capable of buying a meat pie with youghurt , without the assistance of an interpreter, wherever in Kosova. "I have a bit of a problem with Albania, where it seems like the language is spoken differently from that of Kosova, but I believe that I will surpass this trouble aswell in time", commented Cruise.

The Producer Spielberg and Lucas, as well as the director Paul Verhoeven (known for movies like "Basic Instinct" and "RoboCop") didnt want to tell more about the movie, appart from saying that its about a war drama, mixed with tragedy and comedy. On Tuesday this journal attempted to understand if the Prime Minister has been contacted or consulted over the matter from the makers of this movie, but the Government spokesman, Memli Krasniqi, said that the Prime Minister doesnt wants to comment about the movie - Aprilililiiiiii

Article interpreted from Koha Ditore April 1st 2009

How do they always get me!? Each year!?

http://i43.tinypic.com/10n72tw.jpg

Says "Cruise playing Thaqi when he was younger"

He kinda looks like Cruise doesnt he?

beverins
04-01-2009, 11:05 AM
I say get the CADIE program from google and embed it into CORE

http://cadiesingularity.blogspot.com/