PDA

View Full Version : "Save Animation" Keeps On Deselecting- HELP

bradl
08-17-2003, 05:57 PM
I select "Save Animation" pick a codec, save scene, clear scene, load saved scene and "Save Animation" is deselected everytime.
Anybody have a clue why this is happening?

Configs look good, all plugins activated. Was working, I thought or maybe it never has... doesn't matter if I pick AVI, RTV, MOV, etc.

Thanks,

bradl
08-17-2003, 06:29 PM
This came up because I was attempting to save RTV with LWSN. I know, saving individual files is recommended, etc, etc, but there are times when you want a quick RTV for VT3 and it works fine rendering while LW is open, but trying a network render and "Save Animation" isn't even checked in my scenes. The LW FAQ's VT FAQ's (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=43334) state:

- Q: Does Screamernet offer RTV render support?

- A: Yes. You can actually use several computers to render directly to a single uncompressed animation file, with frames getting inserted when completed.

Is this really possible and just my machine is hosed-up or are they simply wrong?

txbob
08-18-2003, 03:24 PM
Does the scene have the file being saved to a network drive? I've had this problem in the past, although all I had to do was re-click on save animation, and the path and all is already there.

bradl
08-18-2003, 04:37 PM
Yes, it is for a network drive, but I did a test on a local LW install with a local animation file save and got same results. If someone could try a quick test to see if 'save animation' is or is not remembered by a scene save, I would appreciate it.

As far as network renders, I did a little digging around in the old forums and the answer usually was you cannot render an 'animation' with Screamernet (LWSN) and even that a saved scene file will not remember the 'save animation' option.

The VT FAQ stating it can be done is a new answer. I did notice an RTV choice in the Save RGB option, maybe that is how it is done and reassembled in the background somehow. I figured that would give you lots of single frame RTV's so I did not try it. I can't try it right now as I have a overnight Spider session going...