PDA

View Full Version : Enough Mac core testers???

Kuzey
03-31-2009, 11:23 PM
I was this close to jumping into the Core band wagon, but then I thought what if the Core doesn't run on my MacBook. And what if testing takes time away from actually working on 3d projects, since it's not a full app yet and all you'll be doing is playing around until the render side kicks in.

Yes, I know you get to learn new features as they come along and shape the future of the app etc. I must say, I was pretty worn out during the testing for 9.6.

So, is there enough Mac testers with enough different Macs to test this thing??

Ps. Best of luck and make sure you guys report every little thing you come across...I don't want this to be like 9.6, great for some, not so great for others. I'm still getting modeler to crash in the background etc.

Anyway....go team :beta::thumbsup:
Kuzey

eblu
04-01-2009, 08:23 AM
how are these proposed "mac hardcore users" supposed to answer your questions Kuzey? they, if they exist at all ;) are undoubtedly bound by super secret pacts to not speak of anything at all to do with anything at all. They (if there truly are any) must all be in agony after reading your post, wanting desperately to let YOU know that they (assuming of course there is more than one of them) are doing the grand work you Might have done yourself.
its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place, with the rock and the place trying to squish you... I would guess.

Kuzey
04-01-2009, 12:08 PM
General stuff would do, like a percentage figure would help. Is 10% of hardcore members, Mac users...or is it more like 1%. What happens to my existing 9.6 bug reports, will they get fixed when Im not in the Core to push matters :hey:

You know, stuff like that.

Kuzey

Kuzey
04-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Oh yes....this was aimed at Chilton or higher :)

I'm sure they can answer my concerns without ever revealing info on the Core :hey:

Kuzey

BlueApple
04-01-2009, 04:13 PM
I am fairly certain that I'm not breaking any rules by saying that I joined Hardcore and that I use a Mac. I will put Core through it's paces as best I can :)

Newtek may have had a target number for Mac HardCore members, but as to whether or not they met it only they know.

Yamba
04-01-2009, 05:35 PM
There are never enough Mac users in any multi format development project and certainly never enough of your calibre.

Wish you where here.

Shane

ELinder
04-01-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm in the Core too, but I'm not nearly as hardcore a beta tester as many. I don't go looking for trouble, but I'll report it if I'm convinced it's the software that's broken, and not me.

Kuzey, I thought you were going to join so you could play with the 9.6 64-bit Cocoa when it surfaces?

Erich

JeffrySG
04-01-2009, 07:00 PM
I'd say that there are enough of use to make sure the Mac side is done correctly. And, besides, we have CHILTON!!! YAY!!!

Even if you didn't have time to help out on the beta - the cost savings made it worth it alone for me. Just because you join HC doesn't really mean you need to participate.

Kuzey
04-02-2009, 05:38 AM
Haha...Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Yeah...you would have figured with all the Core wallpapers I designed...I should have been the first one to sign up. That reminds me...must upload those this week :hey:

I said to myself...if the Core offer gets extended to this Friday I'll jump in, but it didn't happen...which is fine.

My greatest fear was a repeat of history, I had purchased LW 9 but it wouldn't work on my G3 iBook. So I was stuck on the sidelines until the 9.5 beta started and I got my MacBook last year. I had a lot of time to make up and was using 9.5/9.6 constantly and as a result the bugs would show up.

Yes...participation would be low as people either just wanted to see what's in there, save some money or wait till the gold release before using it. I tried to get Mac 9.3 users to be part of the beta process last year when we kept getting threads on the status of the Mac version....it's a funny thing :hey:

Chilton is the best thing since slice bread when it comes to LW and he always makes me laugh....which is the icing on the cake :hey:

Anybody with a MacBook in the Core Beta...it would be great if there is at least a couple. Just to cover all bases :D

Kuzey

archijam
04-02-2009, 05:52 AM
Anybody with a MacBook in the Core Beta...it would be great if there is at least a couple. Just to cover all bases :D

Specs below :)

JonesTheFilm
04-02-2009, 05:56 AM

:thumbsup:
17"MacBook Pro 2.5GHzC2D 4Gb

Kuzey
04-02-2009, 06:08 AM
Coolness!!!

All we need now is a couple of the non Pro consumer versions and it's looking good :thumbsup:

Kuzey

Chilton
04-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Hi,

Just FYI, all builds of LightWaveCORE are put through their paces on a long list of Macs, and a MacBook is the final stop in that list. Also, many of the other LW devs do have white MacBooks. I also had a white one, but it died. We also have Mac Minis which have the same integrated graphics chip.

My personal weapon of choice is a MacBook Pro, but it has the fancy NVidia chip in it, so it's not a really good indication of running speed on a MacBook.

-Chilton

archijam
04-02-2009, 08:35 AM
My personal weapon of choice is a MacBook Pro...

Woohoo!

... but it has the fancy NVidia chip in it....

Booo!

:)

Kuzey
04-02-2009, 08:37 AM
That's what I was worried about, close enough specs but not the same exact machine etc.

Haha...good to see the MacBook is able to run the Core :thumbsup:

Kuzey

aidenvfx
04-17-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm in Core with a MAC soon to be a new Mac Pro Quad in about 3 weeks, but for myself I am still just learning LW 9.6 the Core program I got the free upgrade which was fantastic but it will be a while before I start to play with it.