PDA

View Full Version : Video of CONFLICKER VIRUS at a MAC Store

guardonduty
03-31-2009, 05:44 PM
Thought you guys might want to see it while we wait for CORE updates

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=34d_1238478479

IMI
03-31-2009, 08:00 PM
I wasn't going to ask, but this is driving me crazy.
That's a video of a car driving through a store window. What does it have to do with the Conflicker virus?

prospector
03-31-2009, 08:12 PM
the site was infected

and now you:devil:

IMI
04-01-2009, 07:48 AM
the site was infected

and now you:devil:

Nope, not me. :)

Due to that Conflicker scare, last night I scanned all my drives on all my computers with McAfee and AVG and Windows Defender and came up with zilch, zero, nada. That was probably overkill because they all automatically scan themselves once a week anyway, plus the real-time protection, but I figured I might as well.
In 12 years of being online I've not once had a single computer infected with anything.

I was just wondering how the above post was meant by the OP to tie in that guy and his car and the Mac store with the Conflicker virus. I think I might be missing out on some inside or subtle joke here, and I hate it when that happens. ;)

RollerJesus
04-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Nope, not me. :)
In 12 years of being online I've not once had a single computer infected with anything.

Mac's don't get viruses and apparently neither do IMI's... very interesting. :devil:

I want the reward!

shrox
04-01-2009, 08:01 AM
One of my team has a Mac, and I had him check for it, forgetting that Macs don't sick...they just up and die. No, I don't know that really, I have only used Macs for maybe a total of dozen hours total.

IMI
04-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Mac's don't get viruses and apparently neither do IMI's... very interesting. :devil:

I want the reward!

I just don't download or install dodgy stuff or go to high risk web sites. Not that I've never been exposed, just that nothing's ever "stuck". :)

OK, so the idea is, no virus will take down a Mac, nothing short of a car driving over it? Is that what you're saying?

RollerJesus
04-01-2009, 08:06 AM
I just don't download or install dodgy stuff or go to high risk web sites. Not that I've never been exposed, just that nothing's ever "stuck". :)

OK, so the idea is, no virus will take down a Mac, nothing short of a car driving over it? Is that what you're saying?

I have no idea but that was my interpretation of the [possible] metaphor.

IMI
04-01-2009, 08:09 AM
I have no idea but that was my interpretation of the [possible] metaphor.

Ah, OK, sounds plausible. I hadn't even thought of that angle. Kind of a stretch though I'd say. ;)

RollerJesus
04-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Ah, OK, sounds plausible. I hadn't even thought of that angle. Kind of a stretch though I'd say. ;)

Or it's simply an April fools...

guardonduty
04-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Guys..The CONFILCKER virus is reportedly said to Steal your financial records, passwords, ID.....pretty much WIPING you OUT. This is what the EXPERIENCE looks like. hahahahahaha

art
04-01-2009, 12:25 PM
That's nothing compared to the Badtimes virus (Laika song) :)

RollerJesus
04-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Guys..The CONFILCKER virus is reportedly said to Steal your financial records, passwords, ID.....pretty much WIPING you OUT. This is what the EXPERIENCE looks like. hahahahahaha

Ok, thanks, I thought that the virus was going to cause cars to lose control and crash into my office. Much relieved. :)

Red_Oddity
04-01-2009, 01:59 PM
SO, basically they wrote a virus to steal financial data from people who are to poor to afford a $40 virus scanner?...brilliant planning, that one.