PDA

View Full Version : Script for selecting multiple items in Layout

Larry_g1s
03-31-2009, 03:29 PM
I was just looking to see if someone knows of a way to write a script that I can hot key, that would allow me to select multiple items in Layout. I'm looking to use it for character animation and want to basically be able to quickly (i.e. one button/hotkey) select multiple items on a character and set a key frame.

dandeentremont
03-31-2009, 03:39 PM
In the scene editor, you can select certain items and then click the "Sets" tab. It allows you to make a selection set that you can name. But as far as assigning it to a hotkey, I am not certain how to do...

Larry_g1s
03-31-2009, 03:45 PM
In the scene editor, you can select certain items and then click the "Sets" tab. It allows you to make a selection set that you can name. But as far as assigning it to a hotkey, I am not certain how to do...Right on dandeentremont! That's a start in the right direction. ; Thanks.

EDIT: It won't let me assign nulls and bones together. :(

evenflcw
03-31-2009, 05:37 PM
LW can't do cross type selections. Unfortunatly. Probably the most essential features and long overdue issue of layouts interface. Quite pathetic. But blame the old team for their incredible stupidity and poor software design skills for that. It's obvious they had no clue about modular design or oo or just chose to deny/ignore it.

Larry_g1s
03-31-2009, 11:31 PM
LW can't do cross type selections. Unfortunatly. Probably the most essential features and long overdue issue of layouts interface. Quite pathetic. But blame the old team for their incredible stupidity and poor software design skills for that. It's obvious they had no clue about modular design or oo or just chose to deny/ignore it.I'm sure core will take care of much of that.