PDA

View Full Version : European (Polish) keybord problem

arekp
03-31-2009, 03:00 PM
What about the problem of the Polish keyboard in TriCaster? So far we can not use the keyboard shortcut Alt+letter (in the Polish version of MS Windows this shortcut is reserved for entering Polish characters).

At this time the only way to enter on the screen the Polish letter (for example in the TriCaster templates) is to start TriCaster with the pressing Shift key, and then manually paste a Polish sentence/character from Notepad or WordPad. This is stupid anyway.

What time we expect a revised version of TriCaster for Eastern Europe? Here, in Poland, we are not from the moon ;-) And sorry for my English.

SBowie
03-31-2009, 03:22 PM
And sorry for my English.Your English was fine. :)

I'm curious - how do other applications that use Alt for shortcuts deal with this? For example, in MS Word, ALT + D inserts the current date into a document. Is a different qualifier key commonly supported?

arekp
03-31-2009, 05:26 PM
:-) Somebody really think that we are living in Poland on the moon... But seriously, Alt+D in Polish MS Word mean something different - footnotes. I am expect the same from Newtek programmers: to know that Polish characters are very simply in MS Windows (only Alt+ a, c, e, l, n, o , z, x). So?

jstar
04-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Hello arek - it's nice to see a fellow countryman:)

There is a trick (it's a hack realy, but then, it's better than nothing) that allows you to type Polish characters (or any other, for that matter) in Tricaster (and VT[5] as well): whenever you want to type f.g. "ę" hit "Shift+`" and than "e". It will result in a "ę". Basicly "Shift+`" replaces "Alt". Only downside is, that you have to hit two keys for every "ęąśćźżł" character:)

arekp
04-15-2009, 04:58 AM
This is good idea, but why shoud I come to the restaurant with my own a knife and fork? :)
You know very good what I mean as Polish friend. Everywhere there are programs in English, but good producers, values Polish users, publish applications in Polish too. There is no problem.
As Polish user I expect a Polish version of the TriCaster in the near future. I hope so.

art
04-15-2009, 07:42 AM
I used to have the same problem with older versions of photoshop. It was very annoying. I always ended up copying/pasting Polish characters from word or other application.