PDA

View Full Version : Store site secure or not?

shaithis_2001
03-31-2009, 11:46 AM
I was going to go through the process of ordering Core but the online store isnt giving me a warm and fuzzy. When I'm going through the screens asking for my personal info the browser lets me know there are secure and non-secure items. Ok, its just address info so no big deal. Now when I get to where it asks for my credit card I get the same message. I click yes to go ahead and display both secure and non-secure items and nowhere on my browser do I see a secure lock letting me know that this is a secure transaction.

Is the store site secure or not? I realize it may be fine but its a showstopper for me as far as ordering.

Thanks,
Mike

brian.coates
03-31-2009, 04:40 PM
I'd suggest here's probably some elements, (gif files etc.) on the page that are coming from insecure sources but the actual transaction data is secure.

If you're really worried just use paypal like I did. That way you can be certain that the transaction is secure plus you have payback insurance.

shaithis_2001
03-31-2009, 10:11 PM
Went the route of Paypal. Woo!

Secure and Hardcore! ;)

Mike

toby
04-03-2009, 03:40 AM
Look at the web address, if there's a 's' at the end of http, then it's secure.

OnlineRender
04-03-2009, 04:38 AM
it will use 128 bit encryption for your details , or even more advanced , dependant on what source NT use , its secure as your going to get , just some elements mentioned above will no be or needed .

i cant see NT making a site that isnt rock solid .