PDA

View Full Version : LW core: when and what?

AmigaNewTek
03-31-2009, 10:46 AM
Hello everyone,

i've spent so much time in learning and done many tutorials with the previous version of Lightwave. Now that i've mastered just a little the software, we will have to teach ourself with core. Now i'm stalled, cause i don't want to learn no more the old software, while waiting for the LW core.
When will be possible to have a version of LW core (for the public) to test?

gordonrobb
03-31-2009, 10:53 AM
You're kidding right? Have you been living in a box?

Join Hardcore for $395, and you'll get the beta version soon, and all versioins upto and including the first full release in Q4.

Nangleator
03-31-2009, 11:02 AM
What's core? Maybe we should make a thread.

JeffrySG
03-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Also keep in mind that any good modeling techniques can be applied to any application. Tool names change but in the end it is the actual process that matters. There will always be slight differences but don't stop learning because a new version is coming out in a year.

Nicolas Jordan
03-31-2009, 11:54 AM
When will be possible to have a version of LW core (for the public) to test?

Today, although it won't be feature complete and I even doubt the features that are there will be in complete form.

AdamAvenali
03-31-2009, 11:56 AM
Also keep in mind that any good modeling techniques can be applied to any application. Tool names change but in the end it is the actual process that matters. There will always be slight differences but don't stop learning because a new version is coming out in a year.

so very true.

AmigaNewTek
03-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Yes, modelling techinque remaining almost the same. I hope that will be easy to learn Core too.

animotion
03-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Yes, modelling techinque remaining almost the same. I hope that will be easy to learn Core too.

Have you joined core yet? If not, that would explain some of your confusion.

You need to join in order to test anything.

A Mejias
03-31-2009, 06:13 PM
The tools will be very similar to LW 9.6, but also very different. Better maybe. :)

Intuition
03-31-2009, 06:19 PM
What's core? Maybe we should make a thread.

Oh, nice one... I think it would reduce confusion.