PDA

View Full Version : Any update for 9.6 UB?

yaschan
03-30-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm still having a lot of crashes.. Usually in very normal situations such as changing from Perspective view to Camera view, or hitting a render button in Layout.
Is there any update for 9.6 UB? If there is, where can I get it?

aperezg
04-02-2009, 10:29 AM
me too

mattmgut
04-04-2009, 03:11 PM
I am still having an interface freeze. I reported it during the Open Beta for 9.6.

When I go to select a new tool or tab, nothing gets selected. I try to change layers and I cannot. I can use the shortcut keys for layers, tools, and saving, but the interface is essentially frozen. I must save, close, and re-open the program to get things back to normal. Fortunately, the program does not crash and I can save my work, but it is annoying.

Kuzey
04-04-2009, 04:01 PM
I am still having an interface freeze. I reported it during the Open Beta for 9.6.

When I go to select a new tool or tab, nothing gets selected. I try to change layers and I cannot. I can use the shortcut keys for layers, tools, and saving, but the interface is essentially frozen. I must save, close, and re-open the program to get things back to normal. Fortunately, the program does not crash and I can save my work, but it is annoying.

Have you tried manually resizing the window...that usually gets it back to normal.

The update won't be here for awhile...Hardcore members get to use it first and the rest at a later date. I'm hoping most of the bugs will just go away as soon as the code gets updated to Cocoa and 64bit.

Kuzey

mattmgut
04-04-2009, 04:08 PM
I will try the resizing the windows when it happens again. I tried minimizing the window and bringing it back, but that did not help. The engine is running, but I have no instruments.

Fortunately I am a HardCORE member. But, that is another story at the moment. . .

bbuxton
04-04-2009, 10:23 PM
9.6 UB node editor is very flaky for me. UV image maps do not display in GL (but render ok)
Same image maps do show in GL if I don't use nodes.

would be good to see an update soon.

BB

toby
04-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Lots of problems here too. Not sure how much of it is because I'm using Tiger instead of Leopard. Several Editors (scene, surface, nodes) sometimes act like the shift key is being pressed; cannot deselect, only add to selection of objects. Mouse locks up during rendering if you switch apps then return to LW. Can't change colors in BESM, the celshading plugin.

If you leopard guys don't have these problems I won't worry about it -

yaschan
04-07-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm on Leopard and many of the problems you mentioned are there too.
I don't mind some graphic glitches on OpenGL, but I mind that I'm getting so much crashes. If the crashes wouldn't be so random, it would be ok.. but...
Well, my best advice for 9.6UB users, save your work while you can.. and save often.

Limbus
04-08-2009, 05:05 AM
I have so many problems in LW Mac that I switched back to Windows to get some work done. :beta: :devil:

Cheers, Florian

Steph
04-13-2009, 07:17 AM
Any news for an update?
Lightwave (Layout on OS 10.5.6) is very unstable and I have a lot of interface freeze in Layout when doing simple things (deleting an objet, adding a camera...). There are some scene that I can't reload after having forcing the layout to quit after a freeze. So,I lost my work.

All of that is difficult to reproduce for debugging.

Chilton, please, any news, have you experienced these problems?

Kuzey
04-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Any news for an update?
Lightwave (Layout on OS 10.5.6) is very unstable and I have a lot of interface freeze in Layout when doing simple things (deleting an objet, adding a camera...). There are some scene that I can't reload after having forcing the layout to quit after a freeze. So,I lost my work.

All of that is difficult to reproduce for debugging.

Chilton, please, any news, have you experienced these problems?

It's probably still too early for news on any updates.

I just got my first Layout interface freeze yesterday :hey:

Another new bug:

Layout will change the name of a file while it's active and save a copy in the directory related to the changed name :help::help:

I opened one of my tin toys recently in modeler and it was my 70's platform shoe instead...what the hell!!!

Then I managed to see it in action for myself. I had a file open in Modeler and a scene with that file open in Layout, I would go back and forth changing surfaces, editing polygons etc. Then from out of nowhere, the object named tinflute7d.lwo, would change to muttley7d.lwo (in name only) and if I saved the object from Layout....this file will be created in my Muttley directory.

Ahhh...the fun :hey:

So...only save objects from Modeler and not Layout.

Kuzey

garynb
04-13-2009, 08:26 AM
I've experience the same freeze and unable to open scenes bug as well, this normally happens to me when I clone something in layout.

Cheers

Gary

archijam
04-13-2009, 10:40 AM
I've really not had so many problems (touch wood). I have had a few freezes during renders, if I mess around with too many other apps at the same time, but then I had Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign open, which is asking for problems .. seemed to be a memory issue.

I *think* I also had taken out my dongle during those cases .. and chance 9.6 UB has become dongle sensitive?