PDA

View Full Version : Closing top of tube

ednachman
03-29-2009, 01:54 PM
I made a capsule, cut off both ends and now I want to enclose both ends. How can I accomplish this?

Dexter2999
03-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Wait...what?

This would be a cylinder, no?

Are you going to be making them sub-D? I would suggest a center point and make a series of three or four point "pie slices" until the ends are closed.

If not sub-D, just select the points at each end clockwise and hit "P" for poly.

Or instead of deleting the ends you could have selected all of the points in the ends and used the stretch tool, "h", to flatten them out.

ednachman
03-29-2009, 02:13 PM
That did it. Thanks.

medicalart
03-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Next time, use the sphere tool in one viewport, which draws a circle. Then extrude the circle which will give you a solid cylinder.

Hopper
03-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Next time, use the sphere tool in one viewport, which draws a circle. Then extrude the circle which will give you a solid cylinder.
And by "shpere" .. he means "disc".. :)

H_Molla
03-30-2009, 07:39 PM
select top points, press p for poly build, then bevel without shift ( many times as you want ), then press V & set value for x & z then point mode & select all this points & merge.. and imagine now that you even can press tap for subdividing also ;-)

Hopper
03-30-2009, 07:40 PM
select top points, press p for poly build, then bevel without shift ( many times as you want ), then press V & set value for x & z then point mode & select all this points & merge.. and imagine now that you even can press tap for subdividing also ;-)
And by "tap" .. he means "tab".. :)

ednachman
03-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the advice. Many ways to do what I want. Thanks to Hopper for translations.

medicalart
03-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Yes, the disc tool creates a cylinder just by extending the shape in a second viewport. The ball (sphere) tool can do the same thing if you extrude the flat circle created by the ball tool in one view, and then use the extrude tool.