PDA

View Full Version : Jittery courser using Wacom Tablet

digitalrelm
03-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Hi All

Ever since I have had my Wacom tablet the pointer has jumper up and down slightly (by the one pixel). It is most noticeable when dragging but it is there all the time. I was thinking it my be interference from my bluetooth mouse and keyboard bout I moved away form them into the centre of the room and the same thing happened?

Any ideas on what is happening and how I can fix it as it is throwing of everything and I am really tiered of living with it. I am hoping it is not a defective tablet as its an A4 and as you know there not cheap.

thanks

digitalrelm

SBowie
03-28-2009, 05:52 PM
I've seen a few things cause this - on thing is being located to close to a CRT.

digitalrelm
03-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Nope I do not have a CRT, I've got a 24" aluminium iMac. (Don't know any one that has a CRT now)

Rod Seffen
03-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Could be a bad pen. My pen messed up recently and I had to order a new one. I had that same jittery cursor, though it was worse than what you describe.

akademus
03-29-2009, 05:46 AM
On the Wacom site for your area there is a forum where Wacom staff answer directly to your questions. Try also posting there, they've been quite helpful. Just a hint. I never had this problem (using two of them 6x8 and 9x12 Intous3). Could be the pen, if you know anyone with the same series Wacom ask him to try his pen on your board.

SBowie
03-29-2009, 07:02 AM
Nope I do not have a CRT, I've got a 24" aluminium iMac. (Don't know any one that has a CRT now)My point really was that these are a very sensitive and finely calibrated device, and problems can arise from local EMI. I've seen reports of nearby cellular phones, etc., causing all manner of havoc. (Edit: I see an uncommon number of Mac users who find that jitter problems are driver related, haven't seen that on my own systems.)

digitalrelm
03-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks for all the replies

I had already posted this problem on the wacom forum and all that said is that it could be interference. If that is the case, I had no idea they could be so sensitive.

The only other person I know with a tablet is my partner and it is just my old tablet she has. The pen dose not even work with my tablet.

Thanks for the help. I just hope I can find the problem as it makes using the tablet very difficult. Make it very inaccurate

digitalrelm
03-31-2009, 06:21 AM
Well I had found what was causing the jittery cursor. It was my Apple Bluetooth Keybord. I think its a shame as its really nice!

digitalrelm

SBowie
03-31-2009, 06:45 AM
I had already posted this problem on the wacom forum and all that said is that it could be interference. If that is the case, I had no idea they could be so sensitive.The passive design requires what is really quite amazing sensitivity. I read a paper years ago explaining that the tablet surfaces vary somewhat in manufacture - both from one area of a single tablet to another, and between units. So the surface area is mapped and calibrated individually to provide consistent response.

digitalrelm
04-01-2009, 06:03 AM
Hi Guys

I have been using the standard keyboard for a day now but guess what my curser is still jittery but it dose not seem as bad as it was when I was used all bluetooth devices. I have no idea what is causing it. Steve you have a point, maybe it is just my tablet. It is second hand after all, new but second hand none the less. Strange how they vary so much.

dwburman
04-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Did you turn off bluetooth on the Mac?

SBowie
04-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Well, not sure what's causing it, but you have my sympathy. It drove me nuts when my Intuous 3 did that. Have you tried the latest driver?

Exception
04-03-2009, 06:42 AM
Most likely a bad pen.
I've had it before.