PDA

View Full Version : Texture does not show in Modeler

Drakonsden
03-28-2009, 10:06 AM
I have applied a procedural shader to an object in Modeler, but it does not show up. I have the display window set to Texture.

The weird thing is that in Layout the texture shows up. Is there a way to make it show up in Modeler?:help:

prometheus
03-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Nope..donīt think so..another reason for the modeler in layout app..
surely core will fix this.

Michael

Drakonsden
03-28-2009, 10:28 AM
So your saying this is normal? That kind of sucks.:thumbsdow

prometheus
03-28-2009, 10:45 AM
yepp that is normal...unfortunatly..only available in layout as I know of..
and Remember that thereīs quite a lot procedurals that doesnīt even work
in layout either, so you might wanna go trough your list and check wich one of them that is working.

so You used cinema4d before, were procedurals working in viewports in cinema?

Michael

Drakonsden
03-28-2009, 11:10 AM
I did not use C4D. I came from Carrara 6.2.

Carrara's modeler didn't do it either I don't think. I just figured that a higher end package would have it working. Guess not.

Thanks for the information so I can stop going nuts trying to make it work.

IMI
03-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Procedurals are showing up in Modeler for me. You have to have GLSL shaders enabled under the Shading Method in the Display Options panel under the GL tab.
It's set to Multitexture Shaders by default.

It won't display bump though.

Drakonsden
03-28-2009, 12:25 PM
IMI,

Thank you so much. That worked after I turned Legacy OpenGL off. I can deal without the bump, but it really helps to see the shading to make sure it is correct before going to layout.

Just one more thing. What is with the yellow and black bar that some people have on their avatars? Like yours.

prometheus
03-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Procedurals are showing up in Modeler for me. You have to have GLSL shaders enabled under the Shading Method in the Display Options panel under the GL tab.
It's set to Multitexture Shaders by default.

It won't display bump though.

Duhh..In that case was I wrong or..:hey:
I couldnīt test it since I still havent got my troubling computer up an running.

Ohh..and sorry My mistake carrara it was.

and for other software..actually I donīt think thereīs a lot of programs handling that in the opengl..not sure thou.

Michael

IMI
03-28-2009, 01:11 PM
You're welcome, Drakonsden. :)

And Layout has that GLSL/Multitextured Shaders option as well. So if you have it on, and see your OpenGL performance is suffering, you can turn that off after you're satisfied with your surfaces. You can also use VIPER, which is a good option too.

EDIT:
Oh, the black and yellow stripes... It's a CORE thing. I guess you had to be there. ;)

CGI Addict
07-22-2009, 04:31 PM
IMI,
Just one more thing. What is with the yellow and black bar that some people have on their avatars? Like yours.

That was Lightwave's version of Woodstock. :D

shrox
07-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Well, I learned something new! I now have my GLSL shaders on and procedurals are displaying in modeler now!

prometheus
07-23-2009, 06:41 PM
well uhh yeah..I just hope someday soon all procedurals would work in open gl...I believe thereīs quite a few not working.

Michael