PDA

View Full Version : LW Core

djmm62
03-28-2009, 03:26 AM
G'Day Folks
Interested to hear peoples thoughts on LW Core,been offered special price(no doubt you have too) to get core, haven't done much research but wondering how it looks,what is it, is it standalone, Most importantly is it something someone like me would use,you see ,I bought and have been using LW for 2-3 years now simply to have fun on my PC, it's a fun program. Totally non pro- just a hobby.
Anyone got some thoughts ,
Always appreciative of your oppinions

dballesg
03-28-2009, 03:38 AM
Hi,

Al the information available at the moment it is here:

LW CORE (http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/core/index.php)

I will recommend you te see the video and read CAREFULLY the F.A.Q and Technical F.A.Q.

Basically LW Core it is the new incarnation of Lightwave 3D. Initially they are going to concentrate on the modelling tools. And the first beta build for the hardcore members it is expected to be published this week.

Do a search as well on the forums, there is a few threads about it as well.

David

UnCommonGrafx
03-28-2009, 07:16 AM
Just do a search on the forums and you can find more info that any might care to put yet another place.

Oh, David did say that. Man, such good advice.

djmm62
03-28-2009, 08:23 AM
Yeah Thanks guys,
but seems not enough information to fork out $395 US Dollars which converts to about $567 Australian Dollars(today) or about 6.5 litres of car fuel.
Pass I think,, been burnt too many times with software which doesn't warrent the price (LW is not one ).

P.S. Any LW 9.6 developers reading this,,,,,vista crashes are becoming frequent...........

thomascheng
03-28-2009, 08:33 AM
have you tried deleting your configs? Usually a sign that you configs are getting messed up.

UnCommonGrafx
03-28-2009, 08:45 AM
Your configs are hosed. Delete them and let LW rebuild them. Re scan your pluns directory.
As to "...not enough info"... I don't get it then: this thread is for folks to convince you of something or to provide you with more info than all those threads that have yet to provide "...not enough info"?

Seriously, if there isn't enough info for you to 'fork' over the cash, that's cool. If it ain't making money for you this makes a great deal of sense.

Myagi
03-28-2009, 09:52 AM
$395 US Dollars which converts to about $567 Australian Dollars(today) or about 6.5 litres of car fuel.

holy mother of god, what are you pouring in your cars down under? ;)

A Mejias
03-28-2009, 02:21 PM
G'Day Folks
Interested to hear peoples thoughts on LW Core,been offered special price(no doubt you have too) to get core, haven't done much research but wondering how it looks,what is it, is it standalone, Most importantly is it something someone like me would use,you see ,I bought and have been using LW for 2-3 years now simply to have fun on my PC, it's a fun program. Totally non pro- just a hobby.
Anyone got some thoughts ,
Always appreciative of your oppinions

I recommend searching the forums for posts made by "Chuck" and "JayRoth." They are the official NewTek reps and their posts give some more info that may help you. Just concentrate on their posts after Feb 1, 2009.

Hope that helps.