PDA

View Full Version : Mat or Node Presets

Drakonsden
03-27-2009, 10:24 AM
I am very new to Lightwave so if anything I say sounds amateurish you know why.

Does Lightwave come with any presets for surfaces? I came from Carrara 6.2 and they included at least a few surface presets to start from when making surfaces. Stuff like glass, metals, stone, etc, etc....

Am I missing them somewhere? I checked the extras disk and didn't find anything but model specific surfaces.

Can someone please enlighten me?:help:

prometheus
03-27-2009, 11:25 AM
I am very new to Lightwave so if anything I say sounds amateurish you know why.

Does Lightwave come with any presets for surfaces? I came from Carrara 6.2 and they included at least a few surface presets to start from when making surfaces. Stuff like glass, metals, stone, etc, etc....

Am I missing them somewhere? I checked the extras disk and didn't find anything but model specific surfaces.

Can someone please enlighten me?:help:
yes it does, in layout once you have an object to work with, go to the surface editor, now press the f8 key that brings up your preset panel, use viper to check your surface but you need to render out a frame first in order to use viper.
and in the preset panel you start with a workspace, click on that workspace button and you should have a menu with different surface librarys.

also check out many free presets over at www.presetcentral.com

Michael

danielkaiser
03-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Press F8, that will bring up the presets panel. and you can go to Preset Central (http://www.presetcentral.com/) for more.

prometheus
03-27-2009, 11:30 AM
what you might wanna know also, the presets are usally installed in the newtek/programs/presets folder not in content.

There you will find presets for surface editor (all surface presets) and you will find hypervoxels,volumetric lights, environments etc.

Michael

Drakonsden
03-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Thanks everyone. Found them. I appreciate all the help.:thumbsup: