PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel - BigHache

BigHache
03-26-2009, 05:37 PM
It looks like it's the season for posting demo reels, so I'll have a go. But first, a little irony. I'm looking to get a job as a video editor or motion graphic designer, not a 3D artist, although my reel mostly consists of 3D elements.

This is also my first reel I've ever done. Traditionally my work has been print and Web graphic design. I've been a long time LW hobbyist and more recently video editor, so now I'm working on combining all of those.

That said, here (http://lawson3d.com/reel.html) you go...

biliousfrog
03-27-2009, 04:38 AM
It's all good. My only crit is that the dark room section (2nd or 3rd piece) was a little too long I think...perhaps don't have the camera move back out of the hallway, just in and then the wireframe. Actually, maybe the wire first?

BigHache
03-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the comment bilious. I agree with you, but I when I composited this reel I needed a few more seconds to edit to the music. I also don't care for the length of time showing wires on the city, but at the time it was better to have something than nothing. I'm working on some more stuff that should allow me to eliminate both of those issues.